Mikael's Organs

Kloris

New Metal Member
Jun 25, 2004
United States
oink.has.it
Are for sale on ebay, incase anyone would like to buy one. We only have 3 left though, liver and spleen. The liver is in bad condition but the spleen is squishy and slippery!

Just kidding, the organ I am really talking about is the Church Organ. On the new Opeth cd, it would be great if they used a church organ. I mean, how many metal bands have used the old-school church organ in their music? Opeth could violate a church and let Per play the organ, and the martin who plays drums could set up his kit next to the church bell, and have some awesome brutal organ melodies with church bell.

I'm serious. I want to hear brutal church organ. Please, mikael? Everyone knows the church organs in church sound heavenly, but put into the wrong (or say, the right) hands.... the church organ could be grim and evil! Everyone knows opeth is god, so their career is probably over anyway. They created the earth in 7 albums, then they took a rest.... and now they're uhh dead. The end. :) :tickled:

well, i wouldnt hold your breathe on an actual "church" organ, but anything is possible. however im willing to bet there will be at least a bit of some Hammond Organ, for Per has used it on every release hes done to date...and its a very common vintage keyboard instrument.

Actually, I've never been into a Church, so I don't know how the church organ sounds like -plus- well, I don't now what to think about it, I left the organ and all that things to doom bands (which I like) but I'm not quite sure if a "church organ" would fit in Opeth. (at least a hammond organ would be nice, I think they are different, right?, please somebody explain me the differences in sound between the hammond organ and in this case, the church one) THANK YOU BABIES. (I woke up with very good mood, that's strange, anyway...)
\m/

Luz.-

I say it would work well with Mike's growls, bringing the contrast of light/good and dark/evil even closer. Plus, it would be among the new things for Opeth to branch out to in order to keep each album unique.

To those who related a church organ to cradle of filth and gospel, should get the hell out of metal right now. :/ I'm not joking.. lols...

I didn't mean a lovey-dovey organ with little arpeggios that mikael would scream along with while he grabs his balls. I think church organs would fit perfectly with opeth's sound. I don't know the different between church organs and hammond organs, so I don't know about that. All I know is that church organs sound grim. If you have Omni by Pain of Salvation, listen to it to get somewhat of an idea. I wouldn't expect it to be that thick on the opeth music though.

And to the hypocrite who said keys are not opeth, and bands that use keys suck.... see "Damnation".

deliverance said:
haha, dude, your user title (under your user name) is from the SAME movie that his avatar is from! you should know that.

evil dead
Are you sure????? Isn't that the ghoul in the pit from Army of Darkness???? I am almost positive it is.

KevyCanavan said:
those of you who related church organs to gospel music and cradle of filth should listen to some rick wakeman (particularly the album "Six Wives of Henry VIII") and some bach organ sonatas/concertos

Toccata & Fugue in Dmin anyone?

Yeah, Toccata & Fugue in Dm is brilliant.