Mikael's Jazz Influence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mikael Åkerfeldt;6170864 said:
One of my favourite albums of all time is a jazz record: Jan Johansson - Jazz på Svenska. An obligatory record in my opinion.

Did you know that Jan is the father of Jens Johansson? That Stratovarius guy.

I would like to espouse the virtues of jazz in its many forms....but I see the level of maturity in this thread doesn't warrent the effort.....

Yeah, and where do you work? Toys-R-Us??? Because you're acting like a kid. And just because you're some "big bad senior" doesn't mean I'm just going to let you insult me like that. And no, I'm not retarted. If you want to find a retarted person, just look in the mirror :headbang:

And I love how no one even lists any good jazz makers. I guess that's because THERE IS NONE! Seriously, give me ONE, just ONE good jazz song. People are so frusturating.... :puke:
Samsura, you out there? Ban this troll....pleeeeese?

Yeah, and where do you work? Toys-R-Us??? Because you're acting like a kid. And just because you're some "big bad senior" doesn't mean I'm just going to let you insult me like that. And no, I'm not retarted. If you want to find a retarted person, just look in the mirror :headbang:

And I love how no one even lists any good jazz makers. I guess that's because THERE IS NONE! Seriously, give me ONE, just ONE good jazz song. People are so frusturating.... :puke:

if you expressing your real feelings, not just trolling, ill sincerely advise you to kill yourself

you retart

A squidboy from my work that just got fired reminds me of the troll that posted. The sad part was that he was 22 yrs old.
Horrible and mindless attempts to insult and the dorky high school mantality.
Little "magnet" is probably getting bukkakeed in the boys lockerroom as we speak.

A squidboy from my work that just got fired reminds me of the troll that posted. The sad part was that he was 22 yrs old.
Horrible and mindless attempts to insult and the dorky high school mantality.
Little "magnet" is probably getting bukkakeed in the boys lockerroom as we speak.

Yeah... I'm a squidboy that you worked with and now I want vengance because I'm mad at everyone:Smug: . I didn't think people would react like this... all I said was "I think jazz is boring" and I get crucified by everyone and their brothers. I feel sorry for all of you guys... you get so amped up over stupid things. Can't you simply say "I don't agree with you"? You guys are the ones breaking the Opeth message board rules, because you're making PERSONAL attacks. Thanks guys, I feel great.

Samsura, you out there? Ban this troll....pleeeeese?

Yeah... instead of... uhh, trying to BAN me, maybe you could actually give me a good jazz song and help prove me wrong. It's not asking for much. And I don't mean that guitar jazz that everyone's posted countless times. Tell me ONE good jazz song from a horn player. One that'll make me say "OH WOW! I GUESS JAZZ ISN'T SO BAD AFTER ALL!" Is that so hard, RIPDime05? Please think more before you post.... and stop trying to BAN me only because you don't agree with me.... out of sight, out of mind, right? :rolleyes:

Here's the thing dude - you're not going to get it. We're not bashing you because you said "jazz is boring" - that's an opinion, and that's FINE. We're bashing you because, among other RETARTED comments, you said Tool is more complex than most jazz which is INCORRECT. That's not an opinion, it's an erroneous statement. You clearly don't grasp the underlying mechanics of music which make jazz more technically complex than Tool, Mastodon, or Opeth - and that's fine, I'm not saying music theory has to be learned to be appreciated. But you're weighing in on a topic you know NOTHING about.

There's absolutely nothing we could show you that wouldn't sound like "random notes" to you because you're too fucking unintelligent to grasp any semblance of music theory or complexity. Sorry dude :(

Also, Lagrene would play circles around Yngwie. Two different styles, but Bireli Lagrene learned Django's entire repertoire by the age of 8. EIGHT.

Status
Not open for further replies.