Mikael's Jazz Influence

Status
Not open for further replies.
My CD collection ranges from Opeth to Dimmu Borgir to Iron Maiden to Black Sabbath and so on, and I even have stuff like Aphex Twin, (hed) PE, Snot and Tool (honestly now, are you going to try to tell me that Miles Davis or any other jazzer is more complex than Tool?!?!?)
:lol: quite a range there

(honestly now, are you going to try to tell me that Miles Davis or any other jazzer is more complex than Tool?!?!?)

YES. What the fuck is wrong with you?

The only complex things Tool has going are the rhythms and Meshuggah beat them at that :lol: .

Tool are one of my favourite bands, but seriously the majority of jazz is more complex than Tool.

Come on guys, it's a troll, don't you know the only way to make it stop spouting nonsense is to stop feeding it? These guys are getting really annoying, yet because of the immense stupidity of some people out there, you can't even be completely certain if they are serious or not. Many religion forums are now flooded with trolls too because the creationists are running out of arguments, so some evolutionists get bored and try to argue for the creationist standpoint. That's simply what this Magnet guy is, someone with entirely too much time on his hands.

To Don Corleone and Opethian666: You guys are the ones who are starting to make me angry.... I realize that my views may not be widely accepted, but to actually call me a "joke" or "troll" (and YES, I found out what "troll" meant from urbandictionary.com) is just plain ignorant. I never once bashed any of the music, I just said my personal opinions. If you cannot accept my personal opinions, than a message board is certainly not a place you guys should be.
And NO, I do not have "too much" time on my hands. I am a Junior at High School AND I work 20 hours a week at Burger King. I don't have a whole lot of free time.

To Don Corleone and Opethian666: You guys are the ones who are starting to make me angry.... I realize that my views may not be widely accepted, but to actually call me a "joke" or "troll" (and YES, I found out what "troll" meant from urbandictionary.com) is just plain ignorant. I never once bashed any of the music, I just said my personal opinions. If you cannot accept my personal opinions, than a message board is certainly not a place you guys should be.
And NO, I do not have "too much" time on my hands. I am a Junior at High School AND I work 20 hours a week at Burger King. I don't have a whole lot of free time.

for some reason i didnt have trouble picturing you as a retarded burger-flipper.

I HATE rap music, and I would certainly hope that NO ONE here likes (c)rap music... I will atleast say that rap is certainly worse than jazz, but not by alot. Rap and jazz are almost the same, both have some beat behind it with a soloist (rapper/horn player) saying stupid stuff / playing random stuff. I guess I just don't understand why someone would want to sit there and listen to either of them. I do have a certain understanding of music, I've been listening to it for a loooong time. My CD collection ranges from Opeth to Dimmu Borgir to Iron Maiden to Black Sabbath and so on, and I even have stuff like Aphex Twin, (hed) PE, Snot and Tool (honestly now, are you going to try to tell me that Miles Davis or any other jazzer is more complex than Tool?!?!?) ... so it's not like I just ONLY like death metal or anything. If someone wants to tell me a song that has Miles Davis playing fast as heck then I'll listen to it. I think of old people sitting on an elevator when I think of jazz...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
how did i miss this gem of a post

OMG 20 hours a week! You must be exhausted..../sarcasm

I'm a senior in high school and I work 35 hours a week, fucking slacker.

Everyone has the right to an opinion....except for you because you're just retarded.

OMG 20 hours a week! You must be exhausted..../sarcasm

I'm a senior in high school and I work 35 hours a week, fucking slacker.

Everyone has the right to an opinion....except for you because you're just retarded.

Yeah, and where do you work? Toys-R-Us??? Because you're acting like a kid. And just because you're some "big bad senior" doesn't mean I'm just going to let you insult me like that. And no, I'm not retarted. If you want to find a retarted person, just look in the mirror :headbang:

And I love how no one even lists any good jazz makers. I guess that's because THERE IS NONE! Seriously, give me ONE, just ONE good jazz song. People are so frusturating.... :puke:

..... and the only one retarted here is you

And no, I'm not retarted

If you want to find a RETARTED person

Have you grasped the irony of you spelling "retarded" incorrectly?

Plenty of people have posted decent jazz artists. Go refer to the last few posts on page 2.

Have you grasped the irony of you spelling "retarded" incorrectly?

Plenty of people have posted decent jazz artists. Go refer to the last few posts on page 2.

Well excuuuuuse me, I guess I'm not an English Major. The only thing ironic about this whole topic is that everyone acts like a jazz fan but no one actually is. Everyone's saying "Miles Davis this" and "you're an idiot" to me, but no one has anything to actually back it up.

And yes, I watched the Bireli Lagrene videos. Their cool, but their not "amazing". Yngwie Malmsteen could do laps around that kid in his sleep. I heard some Wes Montgomery songs. I can honestly say that I'm not impressed. I can't believe a lot of people on here. Whatever:rolleyes:

I don't like Jazz either, but I guess I can see the underlying complexity of it. you just can't compare that to a rock band like Tool I think. it's just so different.

but still, you are the one who's redartet

Status
Not open for further replies.