Mikael's live quotes

At the NYC show in September:

*Mike takes a sip from a water bottle*
"Now that we are this rich, famous rock band, we can afford to manufacture our own Swedish Spring Water. It is piss-free! However, it does contain particles of our shit."
*chucks the bottle into the audience*

Introducing Deliverance:
"This song is about you and a best friend sitting in a cafe. You and your best friend have a conversation, and by the end of this conversation you are no longer friends. *everyone in the crowd lets out a quiet "awww"* I'm just kidding! This song is about Satan, death, and Satan!"

After Mike introduces Fred and Fred plays a guitar solo:
Audience: BASS SOLO!! BASS SOLO!!
Mike: You want to hear a bass solo?
Audience: YEAAHHAHAAAAAHHH!!!!
Mike: Wait, you don't want me to play a solo?
Audience: YEAH PLAY A SOLO!
Mike: Fuck you guys. All of you!

At the second NY date of Prog Nation:

Me: Mike, how's your baby?!
Mike: My baby? She is just fine, thanks.
Some other guy: How's your wife?!
Mike: My wife? She is just fine, thanks.
Me: How are YOU?!
Mike: Me? I'm just fine, thanks.

"After Mike introduces Fred and Fred plays a guitar solo:
Audience: BASS SOLO!! BASS SOLO!!
Mike: You want to hear a bass solo?
Audience: YEAAHHAHAAAAAHHH!!!!
Mike: Wait, you don't want me to play a solo?
Audience: YEAH PLAY A SOLO!
Mike: Fuck you guys. All of you!

lolz

Wiltern, LA

Mike: "I was a bit nervous when I was about to go onstage.......oh well, nothing a little smack couldn't fix!

another time was when he introduced Mendez 5 times in a row

Ok, first, +1 for the Mendez pic. As for ringing friends to Opeth, I brought my Hippie friend to the show last month, and she said it was the best she'd ever been to.

This quote isn't exactly live, but from when I met him after the show:
(random guy) "Mike, I study music, and I don't even understand how you write these amazing endings to your songs, what's your secret?"
"It's all just one big chord, really."

At Roskilde Festival 2006

Mikael does this at the audience.

blue.gif

Saying: This is my new sign of approval.

Baltimore, MD last Sunday..

"I'm going to let you guys touch my private parts!" *runs his guitar along the crowd*

"This next song is a ballad, so if you have your girlfriend with you this would be a good time to make out.....or fuck secretly."

"I'm going to read off names, and after each one I want you to say 'fuck off you fucking fuck'" and he proceeds to read out band member's names and his tech crew's names.

And hi guys, I'm new :).
Welcome to the club buddy haha

Not wanting this thread to stop...

"Opeth is obviously a 90s band, but with influences from between 1960-1996! I'd say we are the kings at what we do! No other band has, or will ever come close to what we create! Each and every one of our present and forthcoming volumes will enforce our reign! This is no boasting I tell you! This is my personal view! If anybody thinks I'm fucking bigheaded, well, simply fuck off! Prove me that I'm wrong!"

Mikael Akerfeldt, to Isten, 1996.

I know.. it's an old post but I thought it was fun.

I saw one on youtube where Mikael said "We hope you like this next track, if your not headbangin' then you're a fucking pussy" before playing The Leper Affinity.

Then at the show i went to:

"Im sweating like a fucking pig, probably smell like one too"

Then the band went into playing Deliverance.

Wouldn't it be fucking awesome to have a Mikael action figure and you could press a button it's back with quotes like:
"Cock rrrrock"
and
"I would pleasure all of the hot girls in here orally...and expect the same in return"

FUCKING AWESOME!

Wouldn't it be fucking awesome to have a Mikael action figure and you could press a button it's back with quotes like:
"Cock rrrrock"
and
"I would pleasure all of the hot girls in here orally...and expect the same in return"

FUCKING AWESOME!

Hahaha, I would buy dozens and play them all at the same time.

Opeth, Hamburg 2005:

"On the guitar: Udo Dirkschneider
On keyboards: Udo Dirkschneider
On the drums: Udo Dirkschneider
On the bass: Udo Dirkschneider
And my name is Udo Dirkschneider"

"How are you?"
(crowd screams)
(in the most understated voice possible): "Good."

Someone in the crowd: "I want to have your baby!"
Mikael: "... ...do you have big tits? [...] Not that I'm sexist or anything."

Just after playing Hope Leaves:
"Was it total shit?
"Was it kind of good?
"Was it great?
"Was it the best you'd ever heard?"

"We're gonna play some hit singles. Some not-so-hit singles. Some shit."

On Morningrise: "A confusing time for us. Norwegian Black Metal was big and we were kind of hippies. But there were no photos of the band and the guitarist of Mayhem - Euronymous - got ahold of our demo and liked it. And he liked it so everyone else liked it. But if they'd seen what we looked like they probably would've killed us."

Just before playing The Drapery Falls: "And now for poser metal shit."

Introducing the Roundhouse tapes dvdin London:
"This is the best film you'll ever see"
and "we especially like the fan bits at the end, as you're all fucking wasted"

also the "if you do not know this song, fuck off and die" from Bloodstock.#

also from Bloodstock, a list of good things from Sweden "sex, and Opeth"

From the concert in Toronto a few months ago: "We come from the ice hockey playing nation of Sweden" "There are some other really good national hockey teams, like Finland, Czech, Russia..... that's pretty much it." Crowd is bittersweet at this point, laughing but are like man you forgot Canada. Then Mikael says, "Guys c'mon. Who gives a fuck about sports." - Demon of the Fall begins.