Mike Apologizes to Finland

Protected Witness

Magickal Theatre 33
Sep 27, 2002
www.mrniel.net
www.mrniel.net
There's a letter posted on the official site. The funniest part is the end:

And last but not least, please refrain from all the "we're gonna kill you" comments. I think that's uncalled for. Again, we're fucking really sorry for this, but hope to see you in the fall.
Cheers
Mike on behalf of Opeth

Classic!

Man, do the finns ever let opeth have it in their guestbook! I saw sellouts, bastards, lot of finnish cusswords (I'm assuming), "You should be ashamed of yourselves", some Finn even called them my pals.

That is too much! :lol: CALM DOWN, they're going to come back.

You should all read the Guestbook, its fucking hilarious! :lol:

Classic Qoutes:
''Screw you guys. Well, what can you expect. Your Swedish for Christ's sake! ''

''Ok, here's the deal : You'll come to Tuska as planned and use playback tapes in the States... Those rednecks won't know the difference anyway ''

''i hope you guys are happy now...''

''Two hours after I bought my Tuska -ticket, I read that the number 1 -reason for me to come to Tuska, has cancelled! And for what? FOR WHAT? ''

''So you niggaz cancelled your both gigs in Finland for stupid no-reason-at-all? Hope you come here (in Finland) later and find out what Tuska (pain) really means. You will pay for this. ''

''Damn you opeth, i'm very angry because of your finnish tour cancellation, i mean VERY VERY VERY angry, and so fucking sad!''

:lol:

Some people take Finns too seriously. They are just pissed off and blowing some steam. Lots of my friends were pretty upset that Opeth cancelled, for the second time on us I think. All of them wouldn't have even bought the tickets if they had known earlier. And come on. You have to admit it was pretty bad planning on Opeth's (management?) behalf.

Yes, hindsight is a wonderful hings,isn't it. :rolleyes:

I still feel sorry for you guys though. :cry:

I know you prolly won't believe it, but under most circumstances I would have accepted that apology, except if I had already bought my plane tickets to fly south to see the gig.... like I had to when I went in April. (That was an expensive trip :erk: .....worth it though :D )

Spike

we in the U.S. are very proud of our rednecks, after all no other country has real rednecks. I mean sure other places have their slums, but real gun totin possum eatin , beer chuggin, mosh pittin, no door piece of shit driving, dubya voting, country lovin, banjo playin, trailer trashin, good ole usa rednecks are only found here.

what people don't understand is that they are found not only in the obvious states (see Texas, Kentucky, Alabama, West Virginia and others), but also tend to migrate all over the country. For example rednecks CAN be found in southern california! All surfers and babes you say? oh no! Visit a little place called the "inland empire", consisting of such lovely cities as San Bernardino, Pomona, Yucaipa and Riverside. This is refered to by "outsiders" (those that live in Orange County, LA, San Deigo...nice places) as the "909" a name given by it's area code. This area is in fact full of rednecks, cows, and everything that goes with it.

The moral of this story? Finns don't know anything about rednecks....and there shouldn't be any in southern cali...so someone should make them leave...

Reactions: NAD
yea it kinda sucks for the people who already made expensive travel arrangements to see that show...but then again, ive already seen opeth so i dont really fuckin care! hahahaha :lol: :tickled:

What the fuck! They won't come here ever if people writes that kind of stuff in their guestbook. I'm pissed off too but I just hit the wall. Uncalled for yes, Idiots and wankers not sure about that. Except the wanker part.

I've been hearing rumours that the inner circle of pissed Opeth fans in Finland are planning suicide bombings.