Mike Pinnella's solo CD

I'm definitely eager to check this out since Pinnella contributes to the songwriting almost as much as Romeo does (His name is mentioned on like 90% of the songs in the lyrical booklets). Romeo has already established his own sound with all the side projects and what not he's been apart of. It'll be cool to finally hear Pinnella do the same! :)

I'm guessing that an entire CD of nothing but keyboards (assuming he doesn't play any other instruments on it) could be potentially tiring to sit through...I'm confident that it will remain interesting throughout. and I agree with everyone saying that Pinella is as important to SX as Romeo.

Demonspell said:
I'm guessing that an entire CD of nothing but keyboards (assuming he doesn't play any other instruments on it) could be potentially tiring to sit through...I'm confident that it will remain interesting throughout. and I agree with everyone saying that Pinella is as important to SX as Romeo.

I see your point, but there's such vast sounds and tones you can get with a keyboard I doubt it will be boring.

And to me that Piano concerto is worth the entire CD.

While I hate InsideOut's way of sampling CD's (I'd kill for one high quality full song mp3 versus a ton of low quality short clips) you at least get a chance to hear part of every song on the CD. From these clips you can definetly feel the baroque/classical influence but it doesn't seem to dominate the sound on every track.

Clips I really dig are
Enter by the Twelfth Gate. Very atmospheric, seems like it should be the first track.

Welcome to my Daydream. Awesome synth sound, has a very 70's/80's prog rock vibe to it. Especially love the piano in backing the synth.

Third movement of the Piano Concerto. Sounds like the theme song for some supervillain. The violin is awesome combined with the chanting and the low piano in the back.

A lot more interesting sounding than I thought it would be. When I heard it was going to be all keys and nothing else for the whole album I was a little skeptical, but it sounds like Pinella has pulled it off. I should have had more faith him....hehe

The album cover is stunning!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure michael pinnella will blow my mind......
He is without of doubt the best keyboardist on the planet! I just love his music and I can tell only by seeing the cover that it's gonna be a kicka$$ !!!!!