Mike Pinnella's solo CD

Well face it, it's a keyboard/piano-oriented album so ... It's not for every ear although some of you dig SyX's stuff. But when it's not your taste (I mean when you only like heavy stuff with a real band format like SyX) to say these samples are crap is truly... E-V-I-L.
If this would sound like what Symphony X does, then why the hell do a solo album???
To me Mike is a genius of keyboards and arrangements, I totally dig his work/world and so I was amazed by 100% of the samples. I can hear a lot of inspiration coming from all horizons, especially from Danny Elfman again.
I understand some people may be pissed-off at this CD being a totally keyboard-thing, but it's really not cool to say it's crap... (Especially when you didn't hear it in it's entirely)

SarkOfAge said:
If this would sound like what Symphony X does, then why the hell do a solo album???
To me Mike is a genius of keyboards and arrangements, I totally dig his work/world and so I was amazed by 100% of the samples. (Especially when you didn't hear it in it's entirely)
speaking of liking samples, i just checked out your site, and you have some pretty great samples (and artwork) on there :headbang: . i'll definately pick up a copy of Neurastasia when its released in the USA. ...i dunno if this was the best thread to post that on, but oh well. :cool:

I don't know either LoL!!!

Anyway weow man thanks so much, it's really cool to read this...:oops: :oops: :oops:

I don't even know when this will be released but the label should tell me in around two weeks or so, then I will surely have my site updated hehehe!

Thanks again, that really makes my day!:loco:

***on-topic*** I think that Pi must dig Debussy's stuff!

v01c354nd51gn5 said:
speaking of liking samples, i just checked out your site, and you have some pretty great samples (and artwork) on there :headbang: . i'll definately pick up a copy of Neurastasia when its released in the USA. ...i dunno if this was the best thread to post that on, but oh well. :cool:

So back to the original topic of this thread...

I got a lovely little goody on my doorstep today, even though I thought the cd wasn't supposed to get shipped until Tuesday, but who's complaining ;) OMG people seriously I love this cd. I listened to it with my mom and both of us were just in awe, its such a beautiful album. I love the mixture of just piano songs and songs that are more jammy with all sorts of keyboards...its just so cool, what can I say. And mind you, this is after only hearing it one time. Mike P has shown us how awesome he really can be. :D

MorphineChild205 said:
Give me Sherinian or Moore in Dream Theater over Rudess anyday.
I tend to differ. I really don't like Rudess' style that much, but at least he doesn't use the same synth sound everytime to piss away all his predecessors' solos, like Sherinian did on "Once in the LIVEtime". Besides, Jordan's solo work is okay, whereas Sherinian's is utter shite, especially Planet X. :yuk:

The Metal Chick said:
So back to the original topic of this thread...

I got a lovely little goody on my doorstep today, even though I thought the cd wasn't supposed to get shipped until Tuesday, but who's complaining ;) OMG people seriously I love this cd. I listened to it with my mom and both of us were just in awe, its such a beautiful album. I love the mixture of just piano songs and songs that are more jammy with all sorts of keyboards...its just so cool, what can I say. And mind you, this is after only hearing it one time. Mike P has shown us how awesome he really can be. :D

How did you get it so early?

Stepping out of his usual role as keyboardist/composer for the hugely successful progressive rock band, Symphony X, Michael Pinnella now has the opportunity to showcase his considerable talent in a new and more intimate fashion. Michael accomplishes this via his new solo CD, Enter Through The Twelfth Gate. Unbridled by any formula, Michael rollicks through this CD with reckless abandon. Soaring synthesizer leads, regal grand piano melodies and complex orchestral passages make this CD a keyboard enthusiasts dream-come-true. In a beautiful marriage of rock and classical music, Michael’s virtuosity shines on this release which will have direct appeal to the growing Symphony X fan base and to fans of great instrumental music in general.

Amazon.com

The Stormbringer said:
I tend to differ. I really don't like Rudess' style that much, but at least he doesn't use the same synth sound everytime to piss away all his predecessors' solos, like Sherinian did on "Once in the LIVEtime". Besides, Jordan's solo work is okay, whereas Sherinian's is utter shite, especially Planet X. :yuk:

What songs have you heard from Derek's solo work and Planet X stuff?

BTW, Planet X is not a solo project of Sherinian. It stemmed off of his original solo CD where he worked with Virgil Donati and wanted to start a band focused around Virg. Some of PX's music is VERY hard to understand because the intense technical level it gets to...mainly because Virgil writes most of the PX material. That's why things become so hard to understand...he's ten times better than anybody else and isn't afraid to show them, even if it means that they wind up being confused at the insanity of what is going on.

Derek's albums are much different though, which is why I'd like to know what songs you have heard. I would hardly call it shit at all...some fantastic songwriting on his part. But then again, I have a hard time seeing how someone who gets guys like Steve Lukather, Zakk Wylde, Al DiMeola, Simon Phillips, Yngwie Malmsteen, Virgil Donati, Billy Sheehan, and Allan Holdsworth to play on his albums could produce something that is "utter shite"

BTW, Planet X is not a solo project of Sherinian. It stemmed off of his original solo CD where he worked with Virgil Donati and wanted to start a band focused around Virg. Some of PX's music is VERY hard to understand because the intense technical level it gets to...mainly because Virgil writes most of the PX material. That's why things become so hard to understand...he's ten times better than anybody else and isn't afraid to show them, even if it means that they wind up being confused at the insanity of what is going on.

Yes. I totally agree with you. I have listened planet x really much nowdays. and watched that video (live in bulgaria) i really like it