mike's fastest solo

but its only 8.9 notes per second in the fastest non-legato section
(i assume you mean the 5 bar little solo )

Well, I never said it was fast. Mike isn't a shredder.

Errm, TGC solo? With the tapping and stuff? I've always thought of that one as his shreddiest solo

I thought of TGC, but I dismissed the idea because the tapping is really basic and simple. You might be right though, since this topic isn't about the most technical solo, but purely about how many notes he hit.

^Flame me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that those fast shreddy solos are Frederik Akesson's. Read the recording diary of Watershed, Mikael says that he's the slow hand of metal.

As always Annihilat0r, try thinking relative to the actual topic. Think fast for Opeth, not fast period.

Anywho, TGC, White Cluster, solos from first two albums. Also that first Beneath the Mire solo ends really fast for a few seconds.

i dont get it.

how can mike be such a good songwriter but at the same time..

suck at guitar? :err:
just too lazy to practice? but not lazy enough to suck at writing songs? it seems contradictory

i dont get it.

how can mike be such a good songwriter but at the same time..

suck at guitar? :err:
just too lazy to practice? but not lazy enough to suck at writing songs? it seems contradictory

It's indeed quite weird when you think about it.
(I knew I shouldn't have given up those philosophy classes :p)

I think it's because you don't really have to be good at playing the guitar to write good songs (although it helps when you write your solos).