Who is generally accepted as the fastest drummer?

I've seen Nick Barker live and it sounded good to me... everyone's jaw was on the floor. Oh and my personal favourite is Flo Mounier... and Vinnie Paul from Pantera might not be that good compared to most of the names you guys wrote here but I like him alot.

Thorns of Sorrow:

Richard Christy doesn't use triggers.
Paul from Cannibal Corpse doesn't use triggers (however, Paul is hella slow when it comes to blast beats).

For the most part, I'd agree, though. I wish people would stop bitching about drummers using triggers because nearly every metal drummer uses them.

By the way, Derek Roddy, Tony Laureano, Nick Barker, and Flo Mournier slay.

if anyone has heard the new Vital Remains, I'd say that Dave Suzuki is moving up in the pack. He used to be way sloppy back in the 98 days, but that was, I figure, because he was a guitarist playing drums for only a short time. Now he's killing. ALso the production on the drums is unique. The toms and kicks are triggered, but the snare is left natural, to show his new brand of blast accenting....ever wanted to hear triplet blasts, with the 3rd hit being accented at full speed? Here's your chance....and his leads own this time, as usual..........

Sadistik said:
if anyone has heard the new Vital Remains, I'd say that Dave Suzuki is moving up in the pack. He used to be way sloppy back in the 98 days, but that was, I figure, because he was a guitarist playing drums for only a short time. Now he's killing. ALso the production on the drums is unique. The toms and kicks are triggered, but the snare is left natural, to show his new brand of blast accenting....ever wanted to hear triplet blasts, with the 3rd hit being accented at full speed? Here's your chance....and his leads own this time, as usual..........
The new Vital Remains KILLS..Great melodic leads, and Glen Benton hasn't sounded this good since Deicide's Legion..-l-

vocals are way too monotonous though...I always liked Joe Leqis' work on FU and Thorns was AWESOME, but I understand why they had to let him go.

Fastest hands: Drummer of berzerker (how come no-one knows his name?) - around 1180bpm i think.

Fastest double bass:eek:fficially Tim Waterson, but Pete Sandoval on 'Opening at the Gates' is so fast, apparently someone counted this as 1580bpm or so?

Kushantaiidan said:
I assumed Hellhammer.

He played in Mayhem and Arcturus among others yes?

His main band is Mayhem. He has released albums for 7 bands:

Mayhem
Arcturus
The Kovenant
Winds
Thorns
Shining
Mortem

Jan Axel is now a two-time Norwegian Grammy Awards winner, in 1998 for The Kovenant with "Nexus Polaris" and in 1999 for The Kovenant with "Animatronic". They claimed the prize for best hard rock album both years. In addition to these mentioned involvements, Jan Axel has also done numerous appearances as a guest or session musician on other releases. Before his current career as a full time drummer, Jan Axel used to work as a nocturnal guard at a mental hospital. He doesn't smoke, drinks very little alcohol, and he practices his drumming for 3 hours every day. He says that being a drummer is his destiny, and he will be one until the day he dies.

Here's a link to his discography:

http://www.librariusmetallicus.com/?table=musician&id=447