Mike's Obscure Bands

grandis

Mar 12, 2008
Trondheim
As we all know, Mikael is really into obscure bands from the '60s and '70s. Lately I've also started to listen to some of them, and was wondering if some of you could tip me about some of the bands that you (or Mike) listen to. :)

At the time of writing I've allready bought cd's from Comus, Camel, 13th Floor Elevators and a couple of others. So a few more would have been great :headbang:

Mikael Åkerfeldt;3134838 said:
Hi people!

I haven't plugged any obscure shit lately, here's my opportunity!
All the below are pretty rare on original vinyl but most are available on Cd.

Hölderlins traum - Fantastic german band from the early 70´s!
Cactus - One way or another - Super heavy blues rock from 71 with Vanilla fudge members.
Circus 2000 - An escape from a box - Italian doomy prog with chick vox
These trails - Wierd folky dark stuff from Hawaii!
Lucifer's friend - Where the groupies killed the blues - Amazing and super progressive for being 1972. Their first (1970) is a metal masterpiece too!
Museo rosenbach - Zarathustra Dark evil prog from Italy (1973)
Arzachel (1969) - Super echoey dark semi-satanic psych with Steve Hillage from Gong.
Höst - Fantastic prog/heavy rock band from Norway. Mid 70´s.
Mecki mark men - Swedish super psych/drug rock from late 60´s/early 70´s! Did 3 albums.
England - Garden shed - Good technical symph rock in the vein of Yes and Genesis.
Popol vuh - Get everything if you like psychedelic spaced out ambient meditative shit. Their "Nosferatu" Lp is what we use as intro/outro music for our shows.

Happy hunting!
Cheers
Mike

There you go! :headbang:

Yall should check out DeadFlowers - their last two albums are great! Google for their albums it's on some blog. Lost in tyme or something...

Some good bands you've listed here, thanks! :)
But just another quick question, I'm trying to get my hands on a Camel shirt, but can't find any. Someone know where I can find one?

(I've seen those on their official site, but I don't like them so much)