MINNESOTANS: The Rock Nightclub in Maplewood RIP

Soundscape

Sep 16, 2002
Maplewood, MN
allmediareviews.blogspot.com
I just found out it's closing from a friend of mine whose band was supposed to play there next month, the club where I saw many good bands, including Fair to Midland who I recall played their last 4 shows in Minnesota.

On 1 hand, the club wasn't anything amazing. On the other hand, it was in my backyard, and I always enjoyed the shows I saw there. So goes the economy I guess. Maybe it'll reopen at some point.

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDddDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I am so glad that it is closing down. Shitty sound system, asshole employees and management staff (whom I have dealt with as a fan and professionally), not organized at all, and just all around a shit place to see a show. I'm 5 minutes from it and definitely not sad to see it go, even though my first show ever in MN (Gamma Ray in '06) was there. I always laughed a bit when I went to a show there, it was in a strip mall for crying out loud.

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDddDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I am so glad that it is closing down. Shitty sound system, asshole employees and management staff (whom I have dealt with as a fan and professionally), not organized at all, and just all around a shit place to see a show. I'm 5 minutes from it and definitely not sad to see it go, even though my first show ever in MN (Gamma Ray in '06) was there. I always laughed a bit when I went to a show there, it was in a strip mall for crying out loud.

Wow, it sounds like L'Amours for us here in the NY area. :lol:

I clearly remember talking to a friend about L'Amours being close to its end, and his quote, which will live in my mind forever goes:

"Good. I hope it burns down."

I only saw one show there (Finntroll & Warbringer in August 2008) and it was awful. Shitty layout, shitty sound system, shitty employees, and even shitty fans/attendees. Did I mention the shitty sound system? I was so horrid that it deserves 2 mentions of it awfulness! One whole side of the PA kept cutting in and out, which made Finntroll, who was having a bad, off-night anyway, sound even worse!

Definitely not a venue I'll miss!

I only saw one show there (Finntroll & Warbringer in August 2008) and it was awful. Shitty layout, shitty sound system, shitty employees, and even shitty fans/attendees. Did I mention the shitty sound system? I was so horrid that it deserves 2 mentions of it awfulness! One whole side of the PA kept cutting in and out, which made Finntroll, who was having a bad, off-night anyway, sound even worse!

Definitely not a venue I'll miss!

I don't think that was The Rock, that was the Triple Rock, a different venue. As for what you said about it, I disagree with all of that, haha. The Triple Rock is actually a cool little place for smaller shows...