Minus. Alternative to Dropbox. 10 GB

Clicked on Sickan, nothing personal to those who I didn't help. This looks cool.

One thing though, it said somewhere that it has certain social site qualities, and mentioned searching for public folders. Not sure how that works, but I wouldn't like people having access to my public folder just like that. I mean, in dropbox I put stuff in the public folder and copy links to people who I'm sending the file too, but I wouldn't want random people to actually know and be able to check and download everything in my public folder, get what I mean? In dropbox if I don't send a link people can't see my stuff

Clicked on Sickan, nothing personal to those who I didn't help. This looks cool.

One thing though, it said somewhere that it has certain social site qualities, and mentioned searching for public folders. Not sure how that works, but I wouldn't like people having access to my public folder just like that. I mean, in dropbox I put stuff in the public folder and copy links to people who I'm sending the file too, but I wouldn't want random people to actually know and be able to check and download everything in my public folder, get what I mean? In dropbox if I don't send a link people can't see my stuff

You can define a folder or file as public/private. If you select private, the sharing works just like Dropbox. I think private is the default option :)

does this thing have a desktop app like dropbox? I like rendering rough/reference mixes straight into my dropbox folder without having to open the website, drag files etc.

Oh and whoever clicked on my link, thanks!
Yeah they do, I have not tried it out so I cannot attest to how functional it is. If you do rty it report back.
http://minus.com/pages/tools

BTW no one clicked my link... still stuck at 11 GB. Or is there something I have to do to activate more GB?

Yeah they do, I have not tried it out so I cannot attest to how functional it is. If you do rty it report back.
http://minus.com/pages/tools

BTW no one clicked my link... still stuck at 11 GB. Or is there something I have to do to activate more GB?

Cool, thanks. I'm trying it out, it's cool as in you drag any file into the taskbar icon, without even having to open up the app. What it doesn't seem to have is an actual folder in your pc like dropbox does (in my documents) so I can render from Reaper straight into it, but that's just being picky and it still works perfectly, plus 11 Gb for free (and possibly more) is really something you can't complain about

Yeah this site is pretty awesome. Hard to believe it is free.
Almost "too good to be true". I hope it sticks around and stays as clean as it is with as few limitations as possible. With some better folder management it will be perfect.
If there was a way to render directly to Minus that would be cool too. But I'm not sure if I would ever personally use it.

Yeah I do hope it doesn't end up going nuts and fucks up or starts charging (although if I already used it a lot and had lots of stuff stored on it, in the end I would probably pay for it, and that's probably a great evil marketing scheme they're planning), cause with so much space for free you never know it might get big and overload the servers or something. I don't see any ads supporting it either, and how many people will actually pay for more than 10 Gb? (or much more to those who get enough friends to join)