Miss May I - Monument

jpsmithrocks

Mar 10, 2011
Los Angeles
On this mix I'm understanding that since joey uses dual guitars that there is one guitar track on each side and/or is there one guitar track of each guitarist on each side with the leads being mixed down the middle?

and the guitars used on this album were shecter C-1 hellraisers?

and the bass is midi?

What is the tuning for the record?

and this was recorded via the country man DI into the RME 800 combo?

if it is possible could you (joey) expand on the post/bus plug-ins being used... not settings just the plug-ins being used on the guitar tracks?

Also on a few of the tracks the guitars have effects on them are those effects all via Pod Farm 2 or other plug-in?

On this mix I'm understanding that since joey uses dual guitars that there is one guitar track on each side and/or is there one guitar track of each guitarist on each side with the leads being mixed down the middle?

and the bass is midi?

if it is possible could you (joey) expand on the post/bus plug-ins being used... not settings just the plug-ins being used on the guitar tracks?

Also on a few of the tracks the guitars have effects on them are those effects all via Pod Farm 2 or other plug-in?

+1

As I stated in another thread, the bass is UAD Nigel (according to the bassist of this band).
Lead parts are almost always mixed in the middle when you have rhythm parts under them, unless if there are two lead parts (harmonies etc.)
I think the tuning is Drop C. Not sure though (AAFTW was Drop C, so I think they are using the same tuning.)
Guitars were Schecter.
No idea on the DI though. But it is PODFarm.

As I stated in another thread, the bass is UAD Nigel (according to the bassist of this band).
Lead parts are almost always mixed in the middle when you have rhythm parts under them, unless if there are two lead parts (harmonies etc.)
I think the tuning is Drop C. Not sure though (AAFTW was Drop C, so I think they are using the same tuning.)
Guitars were Schecter.
No idea on the DI though. But it is PODFarm.

thanks... listening to it while looking at the grand canyon today I deduced it was probably C-tuning...

Im really interested to see what the bus was on the guitars was though...

no I didn't read that review.
I figure it because if you listen to both, the riff after bloody riff style is apparent in both.

and I don't know if Joey's is better. but it is different.

no I didn't read that review.
I figure it because if you listen to both, the riff after bloody riff style is apparent in both.

and I don't know if Joey's is better. but it is different.

I think there maybe a couple songs with a similar riff style but that can be said about a lot of bands who are also using drop C... who use the riff after bloody riff style as opposed to??? but i guess its opinion i mean people say trivium is supposed to be the next metallica... I don't think come close not after the ascendancy record anyways

to expand on the review apparently this was a 5 out of 10 according to metal hammer and was a failed attempt at attempting to sound like as i lay dying...

reflections is one of my favorite songs of all time but i think that the album as a whole sucks and there are only a few good songs on the record 3 or 4... I think that the miss may I as a whole is better. I think the drums on joeys mix are more in your face and the guitars on shadows are out in front of the drums which I think is a key difference with joeys mixes compared to others... his drums stand out a lot more and his mixes are drum driven in my opinion...

Hes not gonna reveal all his secrets is he?

n if he did, you still need the knowledge and the ears to make it happen

I think there maybe a couple songs with a similar riff style but that can be said about a lot of bands who are also using drop C... who use the riff after bloody riff style as opposed to??? but i guess its opinion i mean people say trivium is supposed to be the next metallica... I don't think come close not after the ascendancy record anyways

my bad.
I guess I should never compare 2 bands again.
but for the record, I'm not saying MMI is the next AILD. I'm just denoting what is obvious. for all I know, the next MMI record could go in a completely different direction. their first wasn't the same.

I gotta say. the drums & bass in this record sound gorgeous to my ears.
and the guitar tone is this record (along with a couple of other new recordings he's done) have a much more interesting tone than any of the past works imho.

we used schecters! i'm pretty sure they were hell raisers
and the bass is midi?
no
fender jazz, di to nigel
drop c
yep
using pod farm 2, some eq's, and a limiter

all gtr fx are pod farm 2

dallas was awesome. got to see so many of my friends and good hangs. oh, and see my bands be bigger than life. i had no idea asking alexandria was that huge. they are huge as fuck.

yea asking alex. is huge man... thanks in part to the impressive mix's by yours truly... and how much they've improved live...

was it nice to get out of indiana?

did you make any noteworthy contacts?

my question in this album is about toms. (detuned toms)
i read in another thread he made a low shelf at 125, a cut in 400 and boost at 8k.
i play in the same tuning, drop C.

joey, did you make more eq tweakings in toms? what reverb?
parallel compression?

i´d appreciate a little more info.

thanks,

my question in this album is about toms. (detuned toms)
i read in another thread he made a low shelf at 125, a cut in 400 and boost at 8k.
i play in the same tuning, drop C.

joey, did you make more eq tweakings in toms? what reverb?
parallel compression?

i´d appreciate a little more info.

thanks,

You do realize that exact settings don't matter if you don't work with the same source material?

You do realize that exact settings don't matter if you don't work with the same source material?

man, i know...:err:
i´m asking for tips to mix them, no more...i´m not asking for magic settings man...only tips...

with those tips (those cuts and boosts) the toms sound really good, but i´m asking if he uses more things.