Missing threads?

melvintillius

Nov 9, 2005
So, has the Opeth forum ceased to be a discussion forum for interests that may not be directly related to Opeth? It seems as though a post I made focusing on another band was deleted. If the discussion is limited to Opeth only, the forum could become rather drab...don't you think? I thought this was a general discussion with an emphasis on Opeth. Correct me if I'm wrong, mods. I will continue to post threads of interest to me whether or not they are directly related to Opeth. If they are again deleted without reasons given, I think my time would be better spent elsewhere.

Thanks,
Devin :)

there have been a couple threads recently on 10000 days. i don't think they were locked. you could have revived them, i guess. i did not see the content of the post, so the deletion might have to do with that too.

Orignally Posted by melvintilliuss

So, has the Opeth forum ceased to be a discussion forum for interests that may not be directly related to Opeth? It seems as though a post I made focusing on another band was deleted. If the discussion is limited to Opeth only, the forum could become rather drab...don't you think? I thought this was a general discussion with an emphasis on Opeth. Correct me if I'm wrong, mods. I will continue to post threads of interest to me whether or not they are directly related to Opeth. If they are again deleted without reasons given, I think my time would be better spent elsewhere.

Thanks,
Devin

Yeah, this happens to me all the time.
I thought that as long as it was music-related then it was fine.

I was all excited I got over 100 posts.. well they must have deleted my Enslaved thread, and yeah.. im below 100 now :(

It seems that as usual the Opeth moderation policy has changed without letting anyone know again. I've also noticed a lot of threads disappearing without a trace (like the Electronic Music thread). It's retarded, but honestly I've given up on even caring anymore. Opeth.com (I'm assuming it's Anna who is behind it again) seems pretty hellbent on making this board remain as terrible as it has been the past year or so. Good job.

And just for future reference, if you want people to stop posting certain threads it might work better to lock them with a message explaining *why* that thread was out of line instead of just outright deleting it.

CAIRATH said:
And just for future reference, if you want people to stop posting certain threads it might work better to lock them with a message explaining *why* that thread was out of line instead of just outright deleting it.
My point, exactly. ;) Thank you for emphasizing it. :)

There was a point where Opeth.com went on a bit of a deletion spree. Samsara counted 16 or so threads, in a few minutes. We were concerned, because we felt we weren't keeping our end of the bargain, but on the other hand, also concerned because we (well, I do at least) remember how drab this place was back when it was 100% Opeth only.

Samsara sent a letter to Anna and we both received the reply. The guidelines are a bit shaky at best, pretty much just telling us to use our discretion with off-topic material, and that threads need to at least have some relevance to Opeth. For instance, prog threads, because Mike posts in them... or certain bands, because Opeth may tour with them. It's all very vague at best, but if that's their wish, then we have to follow.

Sorry for not informing you guys, but for a good while even we didn't know what was up.

Kenneth R. said:
I personally am glad to see some of it gone, since some of the topics are just plain stupid (photoshopeth etc).

Huh? Photosopeth was a good thread. It was to be taken as a joke and it had to do with Opeth.

I started noticing crappy threads just today..the first one I came across was the one with the stupid dorks from other band boards. Do they think it's cool to invade internet forums or something? Shees...

I LIKE TEH BOOoooDOooM! HEY GUYZ LETS INVADE TEH OPETH FORUM. YEAHZZZZZZZ!

CAIRATH said:
like the Electronic Music thread

That was my thread. I posted it, came back, and saw 2 pages of replies to it, clicked on it to read them and got through the first page. Went to go to page 2, and "invalid thread specified". fucking anna deleted it. haha. I was pissed because i wanted to see some of the replies to the post. I saw her browsing too and was like "you sonofabitch" hehe

I agree that some of the threads deleted did actually have positive discussion in them. I'm a bit at odds with what I'm supposed to do on here and what I actually feel is beneficial to the forum.

The bodomites do have something right, they have an off-topic forum and finnish discussion. Maybe what the Opeth forum needs is an Off-Topic forum, since this is probably the most-used forum on UM...I think.... I know I've suggested the off-topic forum idea a hundred times. DO IT ALREADY! Who's with me?

Moonlapse said:
I agree that some of the threads deleted did actually have positive discussion in them. I'm a bit at odds with what I'm supposed to do on here and what I actually feel is beneficial to the forum.
We appreciate your input. You have a job to do, and we understand that. This is a discussion forum, though, and to place restraints on the breadth of that discussion kind of defeats the purpose.

Oinkness said:
The bodomites do have something right, they have an off-topic forum and finnish discussion. Maybe what the Opeth forum needs is an Off-Topic forum, since this is probably the most-used forum on UM...I think.... I know I've suggested the off-topic forum idea a hundred times. DO IT ALREADY! Who's with me?

been dare dun dat. Opeth got pissed because they were paying for "normal" discussion, we separated from the "normal" opeth fanboys, the O/T forum got deleted, we got moved to the GMD forum, then they hated us, and we got moved to "seriously off topic" (which was a teeny tiny link down at the very bottom of UM), which then got deleted and we all moved to SOT2.

None of you would stand a chance at sot2, so don't bother going there.