Missing threads?

Wow, this thread deletion thing is getting out-of-hand. I've seen about three threads become extinguished in the last several minutes.

It happens every odd 'generation' on here. A group of people who live their life on the forum, and get to know each other come to think at one point 'hey guys, fuck this, we're better than everyone else here'. So after the usual spree of trolling, they head off and form their own little community.

It happened with the off-topic forum on here, and more recently it also happened with haver's unofficial Opeth forum being created. The fantastic thing is, that despite all their criticism of this place, every time you go check out where those 'seperatists' dwell, it becomes an even bigger cesspool of spam-in-a-can crap than this place could ever dream of being.

I think you all are going to be seeing much less of me due to these rules. I mean, I love Opeth and all, but my interests span a much broader spectrum. I need variety to hold my interest. Hope you all will not miss me. :erk:

imagine how those of us who have been here for over 4 years feel. I have nothing more to say about Opeth, and nothing more to read about them either :p

hence leading to the following problem: people new to Opeth, and fanboys only. The place will be too boring for everyone else. In fact, i'd argue this place is already at this stage.

EDIT: go ahead, someone ask me why i'm here then, followed by a GTFO. You know you want to.

wait a second...in the first place, who is "we?" secondly, that "we" is the one who was "moved" to the o/t, gmd, and seriously off topic forums and were hated...but its the "normal" opeth fan boys that are in the wrong?

*edit*...oh, just read the last few posts...well, i guess all i have to say is...why don't you just leave?

i figured. ummmm...don't post here anymore? and if you do, you can go ahead and discuss whatever you'd like, as long as its within the guidlines of the mods, and opeth.com...

really? i'm truly sorry. i don't remember which threads. give me an example.

*edit* i have to leave, so i can't continue this drama anymore...but, i'll leave with this. if you are referring to the wise-ass posts that you just made...those posts were jokes, meaningless off-topic jokes. they had nothing to do with opeth. you wanted to crack fun at people who like to discuss opeth...and you have made it clear that you have nothing to talk about concerning opeth. so, tell me again what keeps you on this forum.

Bumblie is right....very right...i joined UM when Opeth still had the off topic board and it was pretty cool....when that was eliminated, things kinda got lame...not just on this board but for the OT folks as well...i dont know why SOT got deleted because i was on net hiatus when that occured, but i know about their other forum...(i dont post there)
its only a matter of time before this forum goes into the trash can...no disrespect for Opeth.com and the band but its just getting to the point where its nothing but a train wreck here...its horrible and messy but you cant help but look...ya know?
as for those whining about post count...go cry me a piss river! o_O

JoeVice said:
really? i'm truly sorry. i don't remember which threads. give me an example.

*edit* i have to leave, so i can't continue this drama anymore...but, i'll leave with this. if you are referring to the wise-ass posts that you just made...those posts were jokes, meaningless off-topic jokes. they had nothing to do with opeth. you wanted to crack fun at people who like to discuss opeth...and you have made it clear that you have nothing to talk about concerning opeth. so, tell me again what keeps you on this forum.

I hope to impose my musical beliefs on people and turn them into alternate versions of me MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WILL YOU JOIN ME FOR CONQUEST

TURN EVERY ZIG

well the thing i have noticed is that for a lot of you 'old timers,' its not really cool to listen to opeth anymore, or you just kind of get burned out on them, and then you all leave, so i'm even surprised to see you/nfu post still. happens in cycles i guess.

yeah thats the other thing i guess, which is the point of starting those 'other' forums. even though you say theres a lot of spam over there moonlapse, it's all in good fun, and the whole point is that you are not bound by any real 'rules' per se, and this forum is always here if you want to be civilized ;)

hehe.

Also: i'm not burnt on opeth either. I still think they are a fantastic band and consider them a favorite. I've just discussed everything i can imagine discussing about them pretty much. I could just leave, but then i have no hope of becomming your leader.

Maharet said:
Civilized? since when?! :lol:

well...comparing to sot, the unofficial forum.

Mumblefood said:
hehe.

Also: i'm not burnt on opeth either. I still think they are a fantastic band and consider them a favorite. I've just discussed everything i can imagine discussing about them pretty much. I could just leave, but then i have no hope of becomming your leader.

yeah i dunno, i can understand your point of view, but what can you do about it? even moonlapse doesn't have the power to change anna's wishes.