Missing threads?

Well since the only thing we've been told to go by here, when deleting threads, is our discretion, I'll continue using mine as I have. General music chatter seems fine, as long as people don't throw it out of bounds with insults, or self-promo and whatnot. I don't really see the need to keep everything 100% Opeth.. despite how much you love the band, there's only so much that can be said. Besides, wider music discussion can always be related back to them.

I'll see if I can talk to Anna in the near future and see if she agrees to at least keep the wider music discussion going... because really there is no harm. There's more harm in having half the forum leave due to the monotony of the place.

Final say is her's though.

Moonlapse said:
It happened with the off-topic forum on here, and more recently it also happened with haver's unofficial Opeth forum being created. The fantastic thing is, that despite all their criticism of this place, every time you go check out where those 'seperatists' dwell, it becomes an even bigger cesspool of spam-in-a-can crap than this place could ever dream of being.

nice defensive stance there moonie. maybe its just because everyone on haver's forum knows youre a tool and isnt afraid to tell you so...unlike the tarts on this one.

I rarely find any topics worth posting about here these days. For the last year or so I've found GMD more interesting, and even that has its dry spells. You can't expect to get more than x hours of entertainment out of a forum. There's only so much about Opeth to say, so maybe people should not worry so much about daily visits and posting.

NineFeetUnderground said:
nice defensive stance there moonie. maybe its just because everyone on haver's forum knows youre a tool and isnt afraid to tell you so...unlike the tarts on this one.

Dude, seriously. The only reason you're still going on your little holier-than-thou rampage on here is because I thought you'd eventually cool off and head back. I don't know what Deron was thinking when you were unbanned from UM, but I really have no patience for a mistake like that occuring again.

Also, I don't care what they think of me anywhere. I don't need to go on elitist trolling rampages to validate my online existence.

In brief, I'm getting tired of you. Fuck off.

Mumblefood said:
I hope to impose my musical beliefs on people and turn them into alternate versions of me MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WILL YOU JOIN ME FOR CONQUEST

TURN EVERY ZIG

pretty dumb if thats true... here's why i think you're here. you want to antagonize the posters who think that it is what you're here for. you get a kick out of it...like the kick that you're getting out of this entire thing....because the only people that get worked up about this kind of stuff are the fanboys, like me and the ten year olds that post here. you are here to pwn faggots. let me tell you, i'm pwnd. i am guilty of everything that you are poking fun at. i could talk about silly, cheesy, same-old-again shit about not only all of music, but of opeth, forever....and i probably will. i've been listening to them for almost 3 years, and i'm still discovering things about their music...so why not talk about it?

you joke around about not leaving because you want to be our leader. but, you know what...the only reason that you could possibly have that in mind is because of your stance on the attack. you are here to make fun of some 15 year-olds who love opeth. wow man, you are pretty fucking hard.

NineFeetUnderground said:

youre pretty much a piece of shit NFU
its funny that you call everyone here a fanboy...hanging out at the opeth forum for 4 years is my definition of a fanboy. its about time you got banned.

I like NFU's honest take on everything. Agreed that insulting people as a whole isnt cool. But i do ultimatley respect his opinion out of most on the board on behalf of his music taste. But then again he could not insult people and be a huge amount of wisdom if he wasnt so quick to jump in and have a go at people that would take it seriously. I find it funny, others dont.

affinityband said:
I like NFU's honest take on everything. Agreed that insulting people as a whole isnt cool. But i do ultimatley respect his opinion out of most on the board on behalf of his music taste. But then again he could not insult people and be a huge amount of wisdom if he wasnt so quick to jump in and have a go at people that would take it seriously. I find it funny, others dont.
i agree totally.

Well, I guess Nine Feet Udder is a perfect example that having a good taste of music can't stop a man from being a stuck up shithead. Anybody who even dares to question his opinion gets labeled as a 'moron' and 'fanboy' - is that a token of his 'great wisdom'? I'd call it 'wicked wisdom', lol (ok, that was too much of an insult - I take that back ;) )

And like BreathingShadow said: if this place is so full of 'morons' and 'fanboys', why does he hang aroud here for 4 years?

The man knows what hes talking about when it comes to music. Obviously he is not subtle. But its so apparent that he doesnt want too be i dont understand why people take his 'trolling' so seriously. Some people are just dicks. But its so funny.

^ well kill me but I always thought musical taste is a matter of individual likes and dislikes, not a sign of wisdom... I'm not sure whether he is serious or not but if he really feels better than everybody else just because he listens to music he considers good or that he's been here for 4 years, than it really makes him look like a joke in my eyes ;) but I guess that's his problem...

Ok, time for me to go and jump off a bridge before he comes and tells me to like he always does ;)

affinityband said:
The man knows what hes talking about when it comes to music. Obviously he is not subtle. But its so apparent that he doesnt want too be i dont understand why people take his 'trolling' so seriously. Some people are just dicks. But its so funny.
yea, and i prefer the intelligent punks to the asinine ones