MIXING TIME, SONG2: DI and Midi inside.

FrankZappa: sounds good! would like to hear some more of the "good" fizz on the guitars though:p

Here's my go at it. There's still plenty to work on, I'm not at all satisfied with the solo tone, and I haven't worked on any drums other than snare and bd yet. I also noticed I'm shit at using reverb :lol: but I'm learning as I go, all the time.

Anyway, someone said during the guitar tone contest, that my mix sounds painfully small and my tone is too middy. I tried to fix this, I wonder if it still is?

Also, I tried a kind of different approach on the intro, I'm still thinking of doing something fun with it. Thanks again for the files!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2314572/fearedsong2mix01.mp3

edit. okayy too much reverb in the snare... I'll fix it later.

Sounds really cool dude. Guitars are a bit too spongy for my tastes but i love those drums.

Okay, I took a swing at this.
My version on SoundClick
First of all, I do NOT own any decent recording gear. Infact, I dont even own a mic pre and an SM57.
Also, this is my first re-amp ever, and with all things taken into account, I think its decent enough to share.

This thread definitely got more interesting than Ola's first mix thread, with everyone working with their own drums instead of using the same backing track this time.

Cool to hear some different drums tones for that song.

Also, considering the amount of posted mixes and users, how about those who submit the files try to name them in a "checkout/shoutoot-friendly" way ? Like :

OlaMix02_USERNAME_01

(and then when you put out another version, you put 02 at the end... and so on...)

Killer thread nonetheless. Checked out all the mixes. Can barely stand that song anymore :)

s2.0 with.....
*sigh*
CLA presets from the SSL EChannel haha
i tweaked some of em a bit though
i wanted to use a mix that wasnt for a client to test em out
definately gonna be taking some of the ideas onboard in future mixes. i'm really digging the drum sound on this.

also guitars are x30 with contour on, never really liked x30 before but this is better than the nick crow shit by miles.