MLB 2008 - Official Thread

Hamilton, Kinsler, and Millwood?

They have a lot of young talent and a great bullpen. If they can get 27-30 wins from Millwood and Padilla (like they did 2 years ago), they have a chance to win 80-85 games, but there's only a minute chance at actually contending. Idk... it's all about rebuilding this year. I am excited to see Kinsler, Blalock, Hamilton, Murphy, Salty (when he comes up), and Wilson perform... it'll tell a lot about how this team will be the next 2-3 years.

Hamilton, Kinsler, and Millwood?

They have a lot of young talent and a great bullpen. If they can get 27-30 wins from Millwood and Padilla (like they did 2 years ago), they have a chance to win 80-85 games, but there's only a minute chance at actually contending. Idk... it's all about rebuilding this year. I am excited to see Kinsler, Blalock, Hamilton, Murphy, Salty (when he comes up), and Wilson perform... it'll tell a lot about how this team will be the next 2-3 years.
:loco:Of course I know Millwood but I was talking about their hitters in particular.

Well, I attended my first game of the season today. Yanks vs. Rays. Naturally, this being April, the Yankees chose not to show up, so the Rays won, 6-3.

Though it was a crappy game, our new seats rock. We used to sit in the right field bleachers, which are cut off from the rest of the stadium, severally limiting the food and drink options. For food you had the choice of hot dog, nachos, sausage sandwich, pretzel, ice cream and cracker jacks. To drink it was water, soda or lemonade. That's right- no beer in the bleachers. The seats are uncomfortable (no backs), the sun beats down on you and it's cramped. Though the fans who sit there are fucking awesome (it's cool getting to know the regulars throughout the season), the negative outweigh the benefits in my eyes. Our new seats are behind homeplate and over towards first base a ways, in the very top row of the upper deck. Sweet view, in the shade (and no lights near us, so no bugs at night), seats with backs, no one behind us (so we can stand if we so desire) and plenty of food options. Oh, yes, and there's beer.

Mathiäs;7113681 said:
Woo, Giants lose 5-0.

I'm going to have to root for a second team.

I blame Rowand.

In other news, Mets blow another game to the Phillies.

eh, that was yesterday, but we'll see what happens tonight.

I love Philly sports fans. I really do. They're loud, passionate, obnoxious and they don't care about losing because they expect it anyway, and when they finally do win they go nuts.

Awesome. If you've never been, you might be disappointed at what a shitty stadium it actually is, but it's still Yankee motherfucking Stadium. Do you already have tickets or are you just going to try for them over the summer?