MLB 2008 - Official Thread

Let it stay, for a while. It's not really hurting anything, is it?

@ Nikki - he better be worth the 60mil the Giants paid for him

Mathiäs;6940502 said:
Let it stay, for a while. It's not really hurting anything, is it?

@ Nikki - he better be worth the 60mil the Giants paid for him

and if he isn't give him back:mad:

For the record, I'm not saying that this thread should be closed. All I'm saying is that the baseball talk should be restricted to one or the other, so we don't have baseball talk going on in two threads (someone responded in this thread to something I said in the sports thread, which will obviously lead to some confusion if that continues).

The way I see it, we should either keep this thread and keep any and all baseball talk OUT of the sports thread, OR we could merge this one with the sports thread. As I think about it, though, I'd sort of like to keep this thread, since I think it will encourage much more active baseball discussion and keep out the shit heads who bitch and whine that they don't like baseball and therefore we should not be allowed to talk about it because Krig thinks there are too many brown people in MLB.

The only real drawback is that the sports thread will be reduced to Faith No More and Killbot talking about soccer every once in a while... but that isn't really a problem for us, so who gives a shit?

I guess my "vote" is for keeping this thread and effectively "banning" MLB talk from the sports thread.

How about the "attack of the bugs" scene in Cleveland. That was one of those strange moments I'll never forget. I think it effected all the players, but more so Joba, who by the way is going to be scary good!

Yeah, apparently those bugs (midges) are actually attracted to bug spray, so that's why the Indians didn't spray themselves while the Yankees fucking covered themselves in it. And apparently bug spray takes away your ability to hit and pitch.

The Bucholz no hitter was great and I received a nice still-picture / gift of his final pitch with the scoreboard in the backdrop as he is delivering the final pitch of the no-no!

I watched the last couple innings of that game. That's when I decided that Nick Markakis is officially dead to me. It's not like I liked him before that or anything, but now I refuse to recognize his continued existence.

I say merge this. It's almost two months until the season actually starts. I doubt this will stay up on the first page, and someone will probably start a new baseball thread for whatever reason.

There's already a fantasy baseball thread, which could also be merged with this one.

Seeing that discussion in the Sports Thread has shifted to football, I'd say we've accomplished the criteria for keeping this thread.

So from this point on, ALL BASEBALL DISCUSSION IS TO BE LIMITED TO THIS THREAD. Thank you for your cooperation.

Spoken like a true Manny fan. :p
Hey, I'd take Manny over Rowand any day. Also Manny has a pretty decent arm in left that no one ever talks about.

No one is overrated as long as Gil Meche makes 11 million a year.
The way Kansas City is now I bet I could get a contract to pitch for them. They did have that one rookie pitcher last year (Banner? something like that) that looked good.

Looks like Schilling could be on the shelf for the upcoming season and is in dispute with the team whether or not to have surgery on shoulder. Well at least they have depth in Bucholz and Lester and this should pretty much guarantee the trade of Crisp (have J.Ellsbury anyway) for some more pitching.

Looks like Schilling could be on the shelf for the upcoming season and is in dispute with the team whether or not to have surgery on shoulder. Well at least they have depth in Bucholz and Lester and this should pretty much guarantee the trade of Crisp (have J.Ellsbury anyway) for some more pitching.
Wait, Crisp is getting traded? Where the fuck have I been. Aw, I like him also. :(