MLB 2008 - Official Thread

The way Kansas City is now I bet I could get a contract to pitch for them. They did have that one rookie pitcher last year (Banner? something like that) that looked good.

How the hell has the franchise been able to remain there after being so abysmal for so many years?

Wait, Crisp is getting traded? Where the fuck have I been. Aw, I like him also. :(
Well it's extremely likely since Ellesbury is the future and Crisp sucked on offense the whole time he was here.

How the hell has the franchise been able to remain there after being so abysmal for so many years?
Where are they going to go? It is far more likely that the Marlins will be moved.

Kansas City did win a world series in the 80's and has contended a few times since then. They went down to the last weekend before being eliminated about 3 years ago. That was when Sweeney was in his prime and that Ken Harvey guy had talent, though. They do have this guy named Luke Hochevar who they say is about 2 years away from being a top 10 starter.

I think either 5 or 6.

That's not so bad. I would actually say the length of contract for him is less reasonable than the money.

Hey, I'd take Manny over Rowand any day. Also Manny has a pretty decent arm in left that no one ever talks about.

Manny has one hell of an arm when he's throwing from left field at Fenway. It's like seven feet from the left field wall to the plate. :p

The way Kansas City is now I bet I could get a contract to pitch for them. They did have that one rookie pitcher last year (Banner? something like that) that looked good.

Brian Bannister. He contended for rookie of the year, and he deserved to win it. So did Pedroia, though, so it's all good.

Brian Bannister. He contended for rookie of the year, and he deserved to win it. So did Pedroia, though, so it's all good.

Pedroia annoys me. I hate every time he gets a hit against the Rangers. It's like he has absolutely no natural talent. I almost feel like he gets lucky every time he gets a hit. I guess he gets the job done, though. He's only like 5'7, isn't he?

Pedroia annoys me. I hate every time he gets a hit against the Rangers. It's like he has absolutely no natural talent. I almost feel like he gets lucky every time he gets a hit. I guess he gets the job done, though. He's only like 5'7, isn't he?

Yeah, he's got the ugliest swing this side of Vlad Guerrero, but it works for him. Little man with a big mans swing.

(Well he's taller than me, but by baseball standards he's tiny.)

Vladimir Guerrero is a cuss word in The Ballpark in Arlington. He's only had one game where he didn't have a hit against us, and that was because we walked him 3 times, including twice intentionally. How do you pitch him? He once hit a home run against us on a ball that bounced in the dirt.

I do not believe there is a safe way to pitch him. Even if you try to IBB him, there's a slight chance the motherfucker will reach in anyway.

Who was it whoa actually did that? I want to say Miguel Cabrera.

Broseph, Pedroia rules. Remember that 12 pitch at bat where he got a home run off Eric Gagne? Great stuff.

Yeah, he's got the ugliest swing this side of Vlad Guerrero, but it works for him. Little man with a big mans swing.

(Well he's taller than me, but by baseball standards he's tiny.)
It looks so awesome when he pops one over the monster. That first World Series home run was great.

1171300303_2203.jpg

Fucking Dave Roberts fuck.

I have this big photo on my basement wall of the Yankees all walking off the field after the last game of Boston Massacre '06. I tried to find it online but I can't so you'll have to take my word for it.

edit: It was '06, right?