MLB 2008 - Official Thread

Probably not as hot as Laura Posada tbh.

lauraposadapicwo2.jpg

If the Phillies get Kris Benson like they're hoping, they're gonna get more than what they bargained for.

You know Anna Benson's gonna do something to drag the Phillies name through the mud...

Pedroia annoys me. I hate every time he gets a hit against the Rangers. It's like he has absolutely no natural talent. I almost feel like he gets lucky every time he gets a hit. I guess he gets the job done, though. He's only like 5'7, isn't he?

No natural talent and lucky??? He was rookie of the year, obviously he has the goods. They list him as 5'-8" 180, yeah right and I'm the fucking President. :)
Seriously, I can see why he annoys people but he plays the game very hard and does have a bit of a chip on his shoulder. Guess I can't blame him, he's been told he is to small, can't play, etc. his whole life. Ellsbury and Pedroia at the top of the lineup should really cause early problems for pitchers for many years to come.

Yes, that means even Berroa had natural talent. I think its safe to say Pedroia has more ability and should be a very solid player for years to come.

I didn't say he doesn't play hard, coincidentally, that's exactly the opposite of what I said. I know he's a decent player, but it just annoys me. I see him and I immediately feel like he's an easy out, and then he's not.
5'8 180 is generally not the example for "natural athlete."

I understand. On the surface he seems like not much, but after watching him this entire past season (even after his terrible start), the kid is simply a "gamer'. I usually don't get to excited w/ rookies and all rookies have a chance to be flops, I just don't see it with him.

Yeah, he works too hard, and does the little things, so regardless of whether he ends up being a star, he'll at least be a quality utility guy.

What's wrong with players from the Royals? Sweeney fell off out of nowhere, Ken Harvey was supposed to be a star and he's playing minor league ball, and then there's Angel Berroa who just fell off the face of the earth. Do you just lose the will to live playing in Kansas City?

What's wrong with players from the Royals? Sweeney fell off out of nowhere, Ken Harvey was supposed to be a star and he's playing minor league ball, and then there's Angel Berroa who just fell off the face of the earth. Do you just lose the will to live playing in Kansas City?

Well, with Sweeney I thought it was injuries, but other than that, I'll bet it's not too far from what you said.

Well, those KC players have talent and when coming up thru the system they probably did'nt know any better about the "big leagues" etc. There must be something to the "playing in a certain city" thing, who knows? All I know is that I've been to Sox v Yankees games in April, ex. (although it was a while ago), seeing Shea f-in Hillenbrand hit a walk off HR against the great Mo Rivera- you would have thought the Sox just won the pennant the way the crowd reacted. So, maybe there is something to the city you play in that brings out the best in players.