Modded Metalzone or something else?

::XeS::

Mar 30, 2005
Italy
www.myspace.com
Actually I have 2 boost pedal: a TS7 and a MT-2.
Some days ago I spent more time with the MT-2 and I found it very interesting. I know it's very good for death metal (Cannibal Corpse style) but it's way too much loosen, digital and not transparent for my tastes... I mean, still good for that kind of metal but nothing more.
So I tought, if I can make it tighter and less digital, it would be an awesome boost pedal expecially for the sweep mids pot.
Does anyone try some modded MT-2?
If the mod doesn't improve it drastically, which is another good boost pedal that allow to control the eq in a similar way?

MT-2 uses a diode-clipper circuit. Off the top of my head, 4148 diodes. Removing those diodes would give you the gain and the eq without the distortion, if that's what you're after.

That said, you might find not too much extra headroom before the transistors in the pedal would be overdriven, which might not sound too good.

Actually I have 2 boost pedal: a TS7 and a MT-2.
Some days ago I spent more time with the MT-2 and I found it very interesting. I know it's very good for death metal (Cannibal Corpse style) but it's way too much loosen, digital and not transparent for my tastes... I mean, still good for that kind of metal but nothing more.
So I tought, if I can make it tighter and less digital, it would be an awesome boost pedal expecially for the sweep mids pot.
Does anyone try some modded MT-2?
If the mod doesn't improve it drastically, which is another good boost pedal that allow to control the eq in a similar way?

I use a non moded MT2 with great result for that CC sound. Same for Lasse btw;)
What your setting Michele?
For me:
Dist:8
Level:12
everything else at 11
All setting are o'clock like always, Pat use a stock MT2 with similar setting.

With this setting you only tighten the lowend, no mid added...etc.
But it can be interesting to hear a comp between stock and moded.

I don't aim to use it for a CC type of sound but as a booster with an eq.
Anyway my settings are:
Level: 12
Dist: 7
Bass: 9
High: 12
Mid freq: 13
Mid: 12

But it was only a test. The problem is that when I activate the pedal it adds immediately lot of noise, the attack becomes untight and the sound is loosen than before.