Modern mode on rectifiers...WTF?

blackcom

Oct 5, 2003
What's up with the modern mode (red) on the rectifier?

It sucks out all the mid....sounds cooler at once cause the volume is boosted, but at the same level I think orange sounds alot fuller. What get's to me though, is the orange mode makes it sound like there's a blanket over the speakers...

What do you guyes record and play with the most...orange or red channel?

dead heart in a dead world settings for example :

Silicon Diode Setting
Bold Setting
Red (Modern) Channel
Treble: 11.30
Mids: 10 O'Clock
Bass: 11.30
Gain: 12:30
Presence: 12.30
Master: 10 O'Clock

The Red channel is the lead channel, so it is voiced differently.

I use the Orange channel on Modern for hard rock/metal rhythm guitars.

Also, the tone controls on the Rectifier are like no other, especially the Mid & Treble controls. You really have to spend some time to find some sweet spots for each channel & setting.

Hey, those where cool settings...never thought of having bass and treble below 12.00 o clock...makes sense when you think how the the modern is voiced, though...

Here, I made a clip with those settings...only rised gain a littlebit...
Pedal -> Recto modern (EL34) -> Marshall 4x12" V30 -> TLM193 -> API
http://home.online.no/~mstra/rectifier.mp3

Tell me what you think....and yeah, feel free to post other settings used by andy for albums....

Hey, those where cool settings...never thought of having bass and treble below 12.00 o clock...makes sense when you think how the the modern is voiced, though...

Here, I made a clip with those settings...only rised gain a littlebit...
Pedal -> Recto modern (EL34) -> Marshall 4x12" V30 -> TLM193 -> API
http://home.online.no/~mstra/rectifier.mp3

Tell me what you think....and yeah, feel free to post other settings used by andy for albums....

that's sick, I think is the tightest recto clip I ever heard in my life

dude seriously, whats going on there?
uber-tight tone!!!!!!
which pedal, guitar+pu, 2channel or 3channel ? dual or triple?

Hmmm....I really think I should put some more mids in there.....perhaps rise the mid controll to 12.00 o clock.....

And...i'll try with a mesa v30 cab too...it sounds fuller......i'll post a stere-clip later...hech..I even have a marshall gt75cab......

As for the tightness, it's just the way I play....I really try to kill those strings...

Changing between 6L6 and EL34 made very little difference....can't almost hear it.

And I checked a Maxon OD808 and it sounded more or less like the tubescreamer in the G2. Did not sound less tight or anything.

However...that other clip posted here....

"My 3CH can be dialed tight...

here's a clip: Dual Rect CH2 Modern"

What settings on the recto, cabinett, mic? I like the mids! I need to get more mids in there, I guess....

However...that other clip posted here....

"My 3CH can be dialed tight...

here's a clip: Dual Rect CH2 Modern"

What settings on the recto, cabinet, mic? I like the mids! I need to get more mids in there, I guess....

PUP- EMG81

TS9
Lvl-12:00
Tone-12:00
Drv-9:00

3Ch DR
Ch2 Modern
Pres- 10:00
Master- 9:00
Gain- 1:00
Bass- 12:30
Mid- 12:00
Trb- 1:00
Bold
Silicon

Cab- Cobra

Spkr- V30

Mic- ATM650 (Excellent Cab Mic)

I loved your clip... very crisp and tight.