Modern mode on rectifiers...WTF?

yeah for live stuff I'd always use the clean recto it does fine. I like the vintage overdrive on them as well. I still think for saturated heavy tone, its the standard. A lot of guys I know get these million dollar custom amps but an Audix i5 in front of a mesa just does it for me every time.

Aye I knew its 150w and has a extra rectifier tube but does it have extra gain? More aggressive? Or is it just a dual with 50w extra? :p Im mainly interested in the overdrive chans :)

Yeah the triple seems identical to the dual gain/tone wise but the triple is retarded loud :headbang: i use it live.
Hey Steve do you think i can get a similar tone that you achieved using 2 Mesa's?

yeah for live stuff I'd always use the clean recto it does fine. I like the vintage overdrive on them as well. I still think for saturated heavy tone, its the standard. A lot of guys I know get these million dollar custom amps but an Audix i5 in front of a mesa just does it for me every time.

Same here. I originally had a dual amp setup and I was using a JC-120 for cleans, but I grew tired of lugging both amps and the extra time it took to set up and mic, etc. so I just started using the clean on the Recto. I know I noticed a big difference in the quality of the clean breaks, but I doubt the audiences cared.

I'm with you. Nothing beats the moan of a Recto, and they've become so unfashionable lately! You can find one for the same price as a 5150 if you look hard enough. My favorite hard rock & metal tone is still a Recto blended with a Marshall or 5150, but even a Recto on its own has enough versatility to do the job.

Same here. I originally had a dual amp setup and I was using a JC-120 for cleans, but I grew tired of lugging both amps and the extra time it took to set up and mic, etc. so I just started using the clean on the Recto. I know I noticed a big difference in the quality of the clean breaks, but I doubt the audiences cared.

I'm with you. Nothing beats the moan of a Recto, and they've become so unfashionable lately! You can find one for the same price as a 5150 if you look hard enough. My favorite hard rock & metal tone is still a Recto blended with a Marshall or 5150, but even a Recto on its own has enough versatility to do the job.

+1

Yeah the triple seems identical to the dual gain/tone wise but the triple is retarded loud :headbang: i use it live.
Hey Steve do you think i can get a similar tone that you achieved using 2 Mesa's?

You might be better off getting a splitter and DIing one signal and then run that through a good amp sim on a gritty clean.. until Revalver I hadn't heard an amp sim that sounded good on heavy stuff, but for clean and gritty clean most of the newer ones can do it pretty good. So I'd do recto/DI and then mix in the recorded recto with some amp sim DI and see how you like it, I bet it would work well.

yeah, clean that has some grit to it... the idea is you want something that will bring out the chords so that when you mix it under the massive heavy recto tones, you get some more "tonality".

Learned a lot from this thread, cheers guys!

What is the difference between a single rectifier and a dual, if the triple and dual are so similar? I notice that there aren't nearly as many single rectos in use as there are duals... so there has to be something more than headroom.

i've tried to get along with red modern but it just sounds like fizz to me, sounds worsh the louder you crank it

Have presence off, treble 10 oclock and have tried boosting it.
Gain is 11oclcok

soon as i switch to vintage mode...awesome!

Bleh, I can't stand Single Recs. Sax, what variety of Rectifier do you have? (Single, Dual 2 ch., 3 ch., etc.)

more settings would be f'ing awesome please cause i am balls deep in tracking of new album and am getting great stuff out a my dual recto but could always do better!!!

What kind do you have? For the 2 ch. in modern mode through a Recto cab these are the best IMO that I've settled on:

DSC00575.jpg

Still, I'd imagine those settings would work really well on the orange channel (modern mode) or red channel (modern mode) if you dropped the presence to like 9:00!