Modern mode on rectifiers...WTF?

I like to crank the mids when I use the recto, I use it on RED for a lot of stuff. Here is some recto, its my own band:

www.blacklinerock.com/music/as.mp3

can't say much to the sound so far for I've only listened thru laptop-speakers so far...

but the song RAWKS!!!
awesome music!

EDIT:

Damn, awesome mix! mind sharing settings and secrets? seriously one of the best works I've heard on this board.

can't say much to the sound so far for I've only listened thru laptop-speakers so far...

but the song RAWKS!!!
awesome music!

EDIT:

Damn, awesome mix! mind sharing settings and secrets? seriously one of the best works I've heard on this board.

Thanks man, i'd be down to share whatever you'd like, if you can narrow it down to some specifics.

http://home.online.no/~mstra/recto_orange_mesacab.mp3

Ok, here's a new "tight" rectifier clip.
I went with the orange channel for a change and put the mid control about 10.00 o clock. Also, I used a mesa v30 cab this time and tracked in stereo.

I somehow things the Orange has a really cool lowrange mid growl the Red has not.

Tell me what you think, is it an improvement?...I think so...

http://home.online.no/~mstra/recto_orange_mesacab.mp3

Ok, here's a new "tight" rectifier clip.
I went with the orange channel for a change and put the mid control about 10.00 o clock. Also, I used a mesa v30 cab this time and tracked in stereo.

I somehow things the Orange has a really cool lowrange mid growl the Red has not.

Tell me what you think, is it an improvement?...I think so...

Sounds fucking sweet, Ill have to have a bash and attempt! to get close to that :p Orange chan with the DHIADW settings and 10 o'clock mid's right? :worship:

Let me see, just to be shure..

Gain: 15.00 o clock (whoaa, i'm crazy)
Treble: 13.00 o clock
Mid: 09.30 o clock
Bass: 12.00 o clock
Precense: 13.00 o clock

Mic pointing towards edge of cone placed slightly of-axis outwards to get that hollow metallic upper-midrange. Also, I used a Neve1073 (re-issue) instead of an API312 micpre this time.

EQ in FX Loop (MPX G2)
-3 db @ 500hz
+ 2 db at 3k (I think Rectifiers really miss someting in the 2-4khz area)

Sony Oxford EQ plugin
HP @ 60hz
LP @ 12khz

For Armageddon Soul, I had Nathanael (guitarist) use one of my Les Pauls with Duncan Distortion bridge pickup. We split the guitar signal into two amps, one is the recto, the other a Fender twin. The recto was something like:

tubes/bold
lows up the middle
mids pushed a bit
treble little past middle
gain up the middle
volume and output 10-11 o'clock

the twin was getting a nice gritty clean

Mix the two signals together so the clean is providing some string grit and chord tone to the heavy sound.. voalla.

For Armageddon Soul, I had Nathanael (guitarist) use one of my Les Pauls with Duncan Distortion bridge pickup. We split the guitar signal into two amps, one is the recto, the other a Fender twin. The recto was something like:

tubes/bold
lows up the middle
mids pushed a bit
treble little past middle
gain up the middle
volume and output 10-11 o'clock

the twin was getting a nice gritty clean

Mix the two signals together so the clean is providing some string grit and chord tone to the heavy sound.. voalla.

Very interesting indeed:err:
what was your mic settup and placement?

Audix i5 on both amps, pointed directly at the cone, just off center, almost touching the grill.

Thanks Steve i appreciate it. Im going to try and use that method using a triple and a dual recto, using one head for the dirt and the other for the main gain.

A triple is just louder (150 watts - 6 power tubes). You can get a better clean tone w/ the increased headroom, though.

Aye I knew its 150w and has a extra rectifier tube but does it have extra gain? More aggressive? Or is it just a dual with 50w extra? :p Im mainly interested in the overdrive chans :)

It's just a dual with extra volume, so there's no extra gain or aggression. All of the circuitry is the same. A triple is so loud it's not funny, but even a dual can cut you in half.

Even with the triple, I gave up trying to get clean tone from those things. Never had the magic of a Twin or an AC30.

but even a dual can cut you in half.

I have found this out....*slides in two*.

One thing that was totally devastating was the solo boost. On my old Mode 4 I had the solo level on 10 and it pretty much doubled the amps volume which was sweet. Got my dual and put the solo boost to 5, turn it on and it nearly blew my nuck sacks out the window. I did get shouted at....

Anyway :OMG: :OMG:

Glad to know the triple isnt anymore aggressive :)

Even with the triple, I gave up trying to get clean tone from those things. Never had the magic of a Twin or an AC30.

Yeah, what I meant was the triple gives you a louder clean tone, not a "better" one. It just wants to break up, even at a low volume. But, for a metal band with only a few clean parts, it will get the job done.

While a Rectifier can't come anywhere near a Twin or an AC30 for clean tones, it does do the vintage overdrive sound very well, which most people don't think of a Rectifier for.