Moonspell.....

Deliverance6

Jun 4, 2003
Ann Arbor Michigan U.S.
Visit site
Man......I think this deserves some attention.......although I am not particularly a fan of Moonspell I got to observe them for 3 days......and watched 3 shows......they really do put on a great live performance.....and backstage they are cool as hell.....I have loved the way they have approached this tour......and I do wish to thank them for being so supportive of katatonia.....

this is something Fernando said.....he is quite an eloquent man......and I really do respect him........

"I love Katatonia! For me they would headline over Metallica as they are a special brand, a one of a kind, a feast for my senses, a gift of darkness. As persons they are respectful, considerate, educated and there is no competition behind us, rather much more a killer and bullet proof friendship, tested already on this tour, believe me. We do not behave as headliners or nothing of the sort. And our fans respect Katatonia as much as they do respect Moonspell, too bad some people can't be like that on the other way around. I love our fans for that. Much more, of course, but for that more than everything right now! Lessons have to be learned from music. You can not listen to it and get away with nothing. Most of people who say bad stuff about us while praising Katatonia do not know what they are getting into: nothing, nothing, nothing. I understand people's preferences (I awe in wait sometimes through support bands or headliners just to see my faved ones) what I do not understand is this portable stupidity which plagues the net and the Metal scene. Anyway I am the one who gets to discuss lyrics deeply with Jonas or the old times with Anders. And that is as priceless as their music which I hold to my heart regardless of the people who like them and hate us."

well said I think.....
take from this what you will.......but I think those guys are really cool......as people.....regardless of their music......and although I have never been a particular fan of moonspell......they have my undevided respect as musicians and for who they are as men.....Fernando especially....as he was who I observed more than anyone else in the band.....

I watched them for a bit from the balcony, where the sound was very nice. I think after seeing them a second time, first time with Opeth, this time they were much better than before. When they were finished and were all going back to their dressing room, I congratulated them on a good show. Very appreciative for them getting this tour together and bringing out some great bands.

I saw the St. Paul show last night. Was mostly there for Katatonia, but thought Moonspell put on a great show also. Even though the turnout was not great, I hope the fact that merch is selling very well(at least Katatonia), is a good sign overall and that we can get more tours like this. A damn great set of bands for the price...thanks to Station 4! :headbang:

Anyone who bolted after Katatonia's set and didn't even bother to check out Moonspell missed out and needs to broaden their horizons. Their drummer's a friggin' monster, and they put on a very solid show.

Moonspell is great and put on a great show. If you notice, every moonspell album has been very different from each other, sometimes it's hit, sometimes it's miss but it's always pretty genuine and fernandos words are always interesting to read.

yes....he is huge.......cool guy!

DSCF6590.jpg

yeah...hats off to them for sure...i actrually talked to them more than to the kata guys... hee hee katas seemed to be rushed...but the moonspells were so relaxed and nice :D

i like them. the last three albums have had a good number of fillers though. they should try something more like sin/pecado next time.

fernando's vocals, the guitar solos and the synths were in top form in sin/pecado. i always thought that was what they did best. too bad not a lot of people appreciated that album and they went back to sounding more like they did on irreligious.

Thanks for posting those quotes from Fernando. I've been a fan of Moonspell for about 10 years and even though my interest in them isn't as big as it used to be, I still enjoy their music and I'm looking forward to seeing them in a few days. Wolfheart, Irreligious, Sin/Pecado and Memorial are all good albums.

I like Moonspell.

Just to let you know.

I'm still mad I couldn't attend the concert.

Now for November's Doom's "The Novella Reservoir" to be released.

derbeder said:
fernando's vocals, the guitar solos and the synths were in top form in sin/pecado. i always thought that was what they did best. too bad not a lot of people appreciated that album and they went back to sounding more like they did on irreligious.

Musically, I would claim that wolfheart was their best, alot of interesting changes and vibes throughout the songs even invoking some traditional music. Very very strong songs on that release. I was excited for this new release where they were supposed to recapture that sound, but imo, weak songs - its heavy and maybe the most agressive moonspell's ever attempted to be but it just fails. To those who haven't heard the Daemonarch album, it's basically Memorial with a lot better songs (and it's also moonspell, just under a different name)