Pointless complaining about pointless threads

myownsilence

The Influenced
Jan 10, 2007
www.myspace.com
Recently people have been complaining about pointless threads, and I disagree very stronly with this view.

The Katatonia forums have always been very open and enjoyable due to the fact that everyone can talk about everything, knowing we are amongst others who enjoy Katatonias music as well as style. They have been an influence to many bands that we share between ourselves as well as creating a new style of thinking of the way we approach our musical taste.

We are all different and therefore I think we should continue to respect that and enjoy the expression that this forum has always had.

ps. this is not a pointless thread:headbang:

Can't be bothered to start looking through the threads but one of the last recent ones has a few in.

What goes on on the Nevermore forum?

Complete chaos

I once had the hope to find somthing nevermore related there like opinions about albums/songs and tabs and stuff like that, but now it has faded away.
Too bad, I still would really like see discussions about nevermore things ON THE GOD DAMN NEVERMORE FORUM

Yeah that forum is just....a circus. It's mostly the PWENEDDD!!!1111111lawllll stuff and not one thread about Nevermore (Not that I've seen recently...but even since 2003 it's been like this).

Well this forum has survived...we should be proud in a way me thinks.

I think no one wants to be a kind of Hitler here or something but I, as many others I think, come here mostly for Katatonia-related stuff and I don't really like to see a million threads about the same fucking thing and also a millions threads about really nonsense stuff, like in some other forums has happened, and finally seeing this nice forum turn into shit because of that. Of course we can talk about many other things apart from the band, and we in fact have a random thread for example where we can talk about whatever we want, or a pic thread destined for the pics, or a movie thread for the movies, and so on...
Well, I don't know if someone gets my point but I really care about this forum and that's why I wouldn't want to see it turning into some shitty place.
And I agree with the 2 Vincents and Kev.
Call me Hitler if you want now, I don't mind!

I think no one wants to be a kind of Hitler here or something but I, as many others I think, come here mostly for Katatonia-related stuff and I don't really like to see a million threads about the same fucking thing and also a millions threads about really nonsense stuff, like in some other forums has happened, and finally seeing this nice forum turn into shit because of that. Of course we can talk about many other things apart from the band, and we in fact have a random thread for example where we can talk about whatever we want, or a pic thread destined for the pics, or a movie thread for the movies, and so on...
Well, I don't know if someone gets my point but I really care about this forum and that's why I wouldn't want to see it turning into some shitty place.

OK Hitler :heh: I follow you , I meant we all precious this forum and we have the responsibility to keep this forum good and neat.

+1

I have learned over the years to just let some shit go.....and other things I cannot....usually things based on principal....but if the threads title says what the thread is actually about and the thread stays in the same vein of the topic I am much more comfortable.......if we need a "nevermore rules" thread be my guest....but I think it would not last long....

thats my point....shit threads usually dont last long.....but when a good thread is getting mucked up with pointless shit I do get a little annoyed.

so that would be my request if a request from me mattered.....keep somewhat on topic or start a new thread.......put some thought into your threads and posts.....hell I started the "post your pic" thread quite awhile ago and it is the most viewed and most posted in thread the katatonia forum has ever known.....I did not know it would end up like that but I thought about it and wanted to see my Katatonia family and to know their faces and more about their lives.....

in the end I think this would be a good thread if anyone wants to bitch about another thread.....it seems complicated I know......but think of the extra time we would have for reading thoughtful and meaningful posts by our favorite online band of friends.....nah....too complicated.:p

exactly
i dont wanna mention any names......
but people were complaining about the musical/film/etc recommendation thread....
ok its one thing to complain about stupid threads like OMGZZZ LOLZ LOOK ITS JONAS IN A PENGUIN SUIT!!!!111onetwothree
but... where the fuck are they?
there are few threads here, and i have not seen a dull one yet
this has been my favorite forum to post in just because of the kindness, open mindedness and relative similarities we all share
this should stay that way
this forum is not a place for Forum Nazis complaining about how HORRIBLE their life is because they just wasted thirty seconds of their oh so busy life reading a post they didn't like and didn't hold to their standards...

and with that....
keep posting people!
:)