more music like the odyssey

vivi3rd

New Metal Member
Feb 24, 2005
England, West Sussex
yo dudes and dudets, just wondering if there are any bands who do music like the frist 3 mins of the odyssey. best part is around the 2 min mark dogs bollocks ;)

yea so know any bands that do similliar music to the frist 3 mins of the edyssey plz let me know,

British dude, Tucker/Vivi3rd

check out Roger Glover's "Butterfly's Ball and Grasshopper's Feast" from 1974... it even features the vocals of a young Ronnie James Dio!

The closest thing I've ever seen to the Overture of The Odyssey, is certain parts of Ghost Love Score by Nightwish. Not too many bands seem to do much scoring in their music. I wouldn't mind hearing some other bands that do that though.

I don't know if this classifies anything close to the Odyssey, but Pain of Salvation's "Be" has a lot of orchestration and it's an incredible album from start to finish.

Adagio's "Dominate" has a lot of symphonic elements and dark atmospheres, might wanna check them out too.

vivi3rd said:
yo dudes and dudets, just wondering if there are any bands who do music like the frist 3 mins of the odyssey. best part is around the 2 min mark dogs bollocks ;)

yea so know any bands that do similliar music to the frist 3 mins of the edyssey plz let me know,

British dude, Tucker/Vivi3rd

So bollocks is bad, and dogs bollocks is good? :p

EDIT: Oh and somewhat more on topic, while it is not the norm for them, Finntroll has a few symphonic dances that are quite enjoyable scattered throughout their albums.

haha, finntroll and dimmu are both quite the opposite of symphony x. Great bands, but that's like being like "oh yeah, Nightwish has some truly Symphony X moments on once... check that out! And while your at it, Satyricon's "Dark Medeival Times" also has some rather large symphonic stylings".

Yeah... not the same.