more music like the odyssey

It's interesting that some of you say CM rip off SX, and some say they rip off DT, yet all here would agree that both of these bands are entirely different...

Good or bad, that's your opinion, but CM is not a rip off band, fact.

If you really think otherwise and aren't just saying that based on a 30 second listen of one track, or because someone else said it and you just like regurgitating misinformed statements for the sake of it, please cite the songs, sections of songs, or even structures of songs that are overly similar to Symphony X or Dream Theater, or apparently both at the same time.

Thank you

Going by the information gathered here, every band that create progressive metal is ripping off the first prog metal band ever because they make similar music. IT'S NOT A RIPOFF!!! THEY PLAY THE SAME GENRE OF MUSIC AS SX AND DT!!! THEY'RE ALLOWED!!!

There are moments that sound a lot like either Symphony X or Dream Theater on CMs disc....

The singer is what makes or breaks this disc not how close they sound to other bands at times....

Hopefully they'll get a different singer for the next reease....

I totally agree that the intro to the Circus Maximus song The 1st Chapter is a total rip off of the overture to The Odyssey. The song is actually very good but there's no doubt where the influence to the intro came from as some parts are nearly identical!

It's interesting that some of you say CM rip off SX, and some say they rip off DT, yet all here would agree that both of these bands are entirely different...

Good or bad, that's your opinion, but CM is not a rip off band, fact.

If you really think otherwise and aren't just saying that based on a 30 second listen of one track, or because someone else said it and you just like regurgitating misinformed statements for the sake of it, please cite the songs, sections of songs, or even structures of songs that are overly similar to Symphony X or Dream Theater, or apparently both at the same time.

Thank you

Now i just made my comment, so for god's sake, let's just not start a fight here please. I checked the album in its entirety, and it bored me like hell. I felt like i've heard all the songs before like a million times. And this is how i feel ok, so deffend them to the bone, but please don't scorn the dislikers.

I didn't scorn anyone and made a point of stating whether or not you like them is up to you.

I asked for clarification as to where Circus Maximus rip off other bands, because I don't hear it. That's not a matter of opinion - a band or song either does or doesn't sound like another. You don't "feel" that the start of Divine Wings sounds like Mars from The Planets - it's an indisputable fact.

If CM have ripped off DT or SX, it should be apparent where they have done so, and if they're so guilty of that to the point where it ruins an album, then it shouldn't be hard for you to identify where said rip offs occur.

Reactions: Anonymous
Amazing how fucking defensive you get... it's a band dude! :lol:

Ok, i bite. Glory of the Empire (or somethiing similar) reminded me VERY STRONGLY (i don't know if it's exact, but i swear i had heard that song before on my first listen) of... i believe it was the accolade. Now, i've not listened to CM for a very long time, nor do i intend to seek out the cd again because i don't fuckin' want to. I sold it once, don't care anymore. But i know i listened to that specific song a few times and each time it gave me the distinct impression that they were playing symphony x riffs. Not just riffs like symphony x, but actual symphonoy x riffs.

Remember this is based on memory. Plus, yes it does feel similar, so fuck off for saying someone else can't have music evoke certain feelings for them. :lol:

Seriously, i love this place.

If CM have ripped off DT or SX, it should be apparent where they have done so, and if they're so guilty of that to the point where it ruins an album, then it shouldn't be hard for you to identify where said rip offs occur.

The "rip offs" might not always occur in a form where it's so easy to target them and point them out - they can occur in many different forms, be pretty vague and carefully concealed, as music is a pretty complex thing.

In many cases it's a matter of aspects sounding similar to others, not about specific sections that are blatantly copy-pasted from someone elses music.

Thats what i'd say anyway...

Try AKASHIC....

I'm posting this again for the person who started this thread in case it got lost in all this CM discussion....