more music like the odyssey

I've been getting into Therion lately, too. That's a great metal band with nice symphonic arrangements, so you should check them out. The Odyssey Overture has that exhuberant, adventurous feel that always reminded me of John Williams (even though he's not metal). If you don't already, you should check out his scores.

Eternal Dragon said:
Their singer > ZP Theart

A big pile of horseshit > ZP Theart

Every song sounds the same, that dude sounds so whiney (and DragonForce cannot back their stuff up live, so they are fake anyway.)

I agree about the Circus Maximus Comment. Particularly the track the 1st Chapter. They are an awesome band. Looking forward to more stuff from them soon...

Who are they ripping off? I'd like to hear that band. Don't say DT or SymX because you're wrong.

I don't know why that made me :lol:. It shouldn't have, because it's the truth. I guess the "Ditch whatever you're doing" part is what bade me laugh.

Not just SX, also DT. And their vocalist sucks big time. And now i am gonna say something different. When i say rip off, i actually didn't mean it in a bad manner. Most of the bands i listen are rip offs anyway, but we gotta discriminate the good and bad rip offs. I think Circus Maximus is a bad rip off, cause they don't have an originality in the music. They sure kick ass on playing the instruments, but whatever, i just don't like them :)

damn, just went to check out Adagio's website. Wow, these guys kick ass. I definitely have to get one of their albums. They list a new one called Dominate. Anyone have that one? I will see if I can find that, and Underworld.

I love Circus Maximus. I can hear who influences them, but I don't look at them as a ripoff band. Not everyone will like them, but that's cool, that's what music is all about.

Not just SX, also DT. And their vocalist sucks big time. And now i am gonna say something different. When i say rip off, i actually didn't mean it in a bad manner. Most of the bands i listen are rip offs anyway, but we gotta discriminate the good and bad rip offs. I think Circus Maximus is a bad rip off, cause they don't have an originality in the music. They sure kick ass on playing the instruments, but whatever, i just don't like them :)

:OMG: I think this is probably the first bad thing I've ever heard about Michael Eriksen.

Yeah, i also surprised myself with my comment. I usually don't make bad comments about any band. I must have been in a bad mood or something i don't know :) Well anyway...

Well I agree, their vocalist is very weak in my opinion. And yes they are clearly a rip-off band. Not to say they can't be enjoyable though.