Most Beloved Books

Tye said:
The Bible - where else can you read about giants, unicorns, demons, devils, evil in one book?
Fast Food Nation - I forget the authors name but its a fascinating looking into the evils of mcdonalds, the meat industry and general multi-national corporations.
The Book of Kells - great paintings
any Edgar Allan Poe and HP Lovecraft books

There are unicorns in the Bible? Anyway, I have to add two more to my list:

Tao Teh Ching by Lao Tzu
Walking the Tightrope of Reason:The Precarious Life of a Rational Animal by Robert Fogelin.

Tolkien is my fav. writer, I love all his book...

Other books I like are faq-books.... Mostly about "norrøn-mythologi", tarrot, withcery-books, and so on...
I don`t have one special book that`s my fav.

A song of ice and fire is easily my favourite book series. Other good books I like are LOTR, The last Don (Mario Puzo), The Crucible Trilogy (sara douglas), and The Lords Of Chaos: The Bloody rise of the Satanic metal underground.

I am glad I went back to this thread, its been a hell of a long time since I ever checked back on it.

Welkin, would you be interested to share what you are currently reading? This could be a book recommendation thread.

Sure, why not? I'm not reading anything at the moment but I just finished American Gods by Neil Gaiman. Gaiman's a newer writer but I think you could appreciate his work. American Gods is a very interesting novel filled with a lot of mythological references and bizarre, dreamlike events in a Kafkaesque kind of fashion.

A few of my favorite books are:

The Sword Of Truth Series - Terry Goodkind

and

The Pillars Of The Earth - Ken Follett

I HIGHLY and I mean HIGHLY recommend Pillars Of The Earth. It is such an amazing book.

welkin97 said:
Sure, why not? I'm not reading anything at the moment but I just finished American Gods by Neil Gaiman. Gaiman's a newer writer but I think you could appreciate his work. American Gods is a very interesting novel filled with a lot of mythological references and bizarre, dreamlike events in a Kafkaesque kind of fashion.

I've been a big fan of Gaiman's work for some years now. If you liked American Gods and are not afraid of books with pictures in them :D , I highly recommend The Sandman comics. Just the fact that they're comics makes some people reject them, but Sandman is definitely not any mindless junk.
Also his short story collection "Smokes & Mirrors" is excellent.

Hm this sounds quite interesting, Ill try it. If you like the dreams and mythology, you must read Dictionary of the Khazars by Milorad Pavic.

I just finished Julian by Gore Vidal. Its a excellent Historical retelling of the life of my favorite roman emperor; Julian the apostate, the emperor that tried to abolish the Roman christian church in favor of the old gods.

@ Voice of God: thanks, I've been wanting to get into more of Gaiman's work and other things of that nature.

@ Speed: Julian sounds interesting. I'll check it out.

another recommendation: Tao Teh Ching by Lao Tzu. It's an ancient book of Taoist wisdom. It's a pretty interesting read for anyone wanting to get into Eastern/Oriental philosophy.

All my Anne Rice collection! I have hardcovers and softcovers. Then all my Ghost Hunting books...well, I have alot of books I treasure. I have this one called..."Black Butterflies" - by John Shirley...awesome book and I never saw that book anywhere ever again after I bought it.