Most brutal band(s) you have listened to?

Agonizer

Soulless
May 25, 2004
I would have to say the most brutal bands I listen to are:
Liturgy
Brodequin
Stabwound
Disgorge(mex)
Wormed
and Squash Bowels

I've only heard a few songs (thanks to Worm Infested). They only have one full length anyway, called Disintegration of Thought Patterns.

It's not like it's non-stop brutality, just the vocals, production, riffs....pretty weird stuff - perhaps not the best example of out and out brutality, but oh well.

Mexigorge (for Forensick)
Nefas
Enmity
Decrepit Birth

I wouldn't say Stabwound or Dripping are all that brutal; they're too catchy, not that I don't like them of course.

Get Dripping's EP 'The Lost Archives of Channeling the Cosmobiological Universe". Simply some of the weirdest brutal metal you'll ever hear.

I guess I could just list my entire brutal death/deathgrind folder...

Aborted
Alienation Mental
Appalling Spawn
Avulsed
Bane of Existence
Biolich
Bizarre Embalming
Brodequin
Cattle Decapitation
Cenotaph (Tur)
Cephalic Carnage
Commit Suicide
Cumchrist
Decrepit Birth
Devourment
Disavowed
Disgorge (U.S.)
Dripping
Excarnated
Exhumed
Gorerotted
Goretrade
Gorgasm
Harakiri
Houwitser
Iniquity
Insidious Decrepancy
Leukorrhea
Lykathea Aflame
Malignancy
Mithras
Mortal Decay
Necrophagist
Neuraxis
Origin
Parricide
Poppy Seed Grinder
Prostitute Disfigurement
Putrid Pile
Pyaemia
Pyrexia
Regorge
Saprogenic
Severe Torture
Severed Savior
Terminally, Your Aborted Ghost
Visceral Bleeding
Vomit Remnants
Vomitory
Wasteform
Wormed

There are a ton of goregrind bands that are brutal as fuck too, like Squash Bowels, Lymphatic Phlegm, Catasexual Urge Motivation, Neuro-Visceral Exhumation, etc.

SculptedCold said:
Mexigorge (for Forensick)
Nefas
Enmity
Decrepit Birth

I wouldn't say Stabwound or Dripping are all that brutal; they're too catchy, not that I don't like them of course.

Dripping...not brutal? WHAT ARE YOU ON? Super downtuned. Sludgy. Technical chunk riffs. Brutal gurgles. Blasting and technical drums. THEY ARE BRUTAL. Stabwound is just a case of mediocrity though. :D

Think about it, the most brutal thing ever is going to be superfast ALL the time, super heavy, completely indecipherable, unmemorable, and all-in-all, probably very uninteresting.

Dripping have loads of really slow stuff and experimentation going on. That just doesn't strike me as brutal.

Yes. The drum sound, guitar tuning, vocals, and everything else is brutal. I would describe them as melodic/brutal though.

High On Maiden said:
Pretty comprehensive list there worm infested! :D

Are Lykathea Aflame particularly brutal though?

Lykathea Aflame are odd, a mix between extreme brutality and progressive melody. Great band though.

by brutal I take it you mean pummeling, harsh, abrasive etc.?

If that is the case, nothing is more brutal than Today is the Day, or more abrasive than Khanate.

I know you guys are trying to out do each other in finding the most underground brutal band, but Cryptopsy is still the most brutal death band Ive heard.