Most complicated music

AlphaTemplar

Morgan Freeman
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
Metal or otherwise, what is the most complicated music in terms of song structures, complex melodies/harmonies, arcance rhythms, time and key changes, dynamics, varied instrumentation, and so forth?

There was a 'math metal' thread a little while ago and some of the bands discussed in there would be fair to say are quite complex. Obviously a band like Meshuggah is renouned for the complex music

Meshuggah are mostly rhythmic and time signature based stuff...
Necrophagist is far more complex in terms of technical skill, speed, and also contrary to popular belief they don't just wank... all of their harmonies are neoclassically structured(not in the ANUS way)

I agree with him^ Necrophagist is a complex band. If you disagree you obviously haven't heard them.

edit* ^^ AHH YOU GOT IN THE WAY OF MY PREVIOUS ^^^ YOU MEAN MEAN LITTLE BITCH!!!

Zephyrus said:
i believe there's a genre called progressive metal.

tech metal is probably the most complicated with math metal close behind

it's called "technical" for a reason. there's a fair amount of prog bands (rock or metal) that aren't that "complicated"

unknown said:
tech metal is probably the most complicated with math metal close behind

it's called "technical" for a reason. there's a fair amount of prog bands (rock or metal) that aren't that "complicated"

*cough* dream theater *cough*

Teh Grimarse said:
spiral architect pwns dream theater

But in terms of technicality, Spastic Ink pwns every other band in existence.

Edit: (in metal, that I've heard)