Most depressing song you know?

Alice in Chains - Down in a Hole

when you really focus on the lyrics and think about Layne Stayley's life, and the manner of his death, this song is very very depressing. not necessarily in a way that makes me cry, but it just shows the immense struggle he went through his whole life, and he was never able to escape it.

One Last Goodbye by: Anathema
Estranged by: Guns N' Roses
When the Eagle Cries by: Iced Earth
Stalingrad by: Nightingale
Back When You Were Beautiful by: NO-MAN
The Break-Up For Real by: NO-MAN
Feel So Low by: Porcupine Tree
Heartattack In A Layby by: Porcupine Tree

I agree:

My Dying Bride's "the Crown of Sympathy"

....it always have had the first place for me and then also

Theatre of Tragedy's "Poppæa"

...but now i should add a "new" one too:

Draconian : Death Come Near Me

I will allow myself a little correction regarding the thread name - i call this kind of songs - songs to think about and depressiv is for me the wrong word to describe. I mean - you won't get depressive by hearing this kind of music ...you're maybe alreaydy in a kind of "loneliness" - mood and are listening to this to think about your feelings.

Iced Earth - Watching Over Me

Matthew Barlow HAD one of the best voices in metal, IMO and that's what makes this song so great. Err... depressing, lol.

Tim Owens just can't do what Barlow does.

OK let me add a few more songs too:
Tenhi - Etaisyykien Taa
Mezarkabul - For Those Who Died Alone
Haggard - Lost (Robin's Song)
Saturnus - For Your Demons
Demons & Wizards - Fiddler On The Green
Sopor Aeternus - No one is there (changes according to my mood... usually i find the vocals too "weepy". but sometimes i like it)

and of course there are many Turkish songs but I won't count them here since it will be hard to find them and for a non-turkish listener to catch the feelings. but if anybody wishes i may send a few mp3s over messenger and we'll see if they are depressive enough internationally :)

Hard question. Almost all the music I listen is depressing. I can't really say. I think something from Slipknot or some death/black metal band. I'll post if something comes up.

The most depressing song I know is an easy choice for me, Goodby Cruel World by Pink Floyd (The Wall). If you haven't heard the song (or the whole masterpiece album for that matter), here are the lyrics:

Goodbye cruel world
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye
Goodbye
Goodbye
Goodbye all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change
My mind
Goodbye.

I think the saddest song I've EVER heard is "Song For a Dead Friend," by Kevin Gilbert (who was once in Toy Matinee)...

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
The most depressing song I know is an easy choice for me, Goodby Cruel World by Pink Floyd (The Wall). If you haven't heard the song (or the whole masterpiece album for that matter), here are the lyrics:

Goodbye cruel world
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye
Goodbye
Goodbye
Goodbye all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change
My mind
Goodbye.

The KoRn version of that song is even more depressing. I love it!:devil:

Undertow by Pain of Salvation (like Wayward Son said)
Viernes 3 AM by Seru Giran (a cool jazz/rock local band)
Pink Cigarette by Mr. Bungle

edit: maybe Empty by Anathema too