Most dissapointing cd of 2002

Nightman

New Metal Member
Oct 4, 2002
Herts UK
Visit site
For me it has to be the new NIGHTWISH. After 'WISHMASTER' I was really looking forward to Century Child but it is absolutely awful.

A change in style yes but for the worse. It is mid tempo at best with the vocals too much to the fore and the male vocals ( a sign of things to come I understand) are just death metal garbage.

I've tried and tried but simply don't like it at best a few of the earlier songs are simply ok but the ballads and the last 2 tracks are simply diabolical.

I played WISHMASTER last night and could not believe the same band had recorded both cds (except for the distinctive vocals of course).

When I buy a bar of milk chocolate I don't expect most of it to be liquorice !!!

The only good thing is that I sold it on E-bay for more than I paid for it.

Hate Eternal-King of All Kings is disappointing...disappointing in that I didn't get it the first day it came out because it kicks fucking ass!

i would say Soilwork-Natural Born Chaos, it's a pretty good cd but at soilwork's standards it's not that good

Originally posted by Nightman
For me it has to be the new NIGHTWISH. After 'WISHMASTER' I was really looking forward to Century Child but it is absolutely awful.

I agree, "Wishmaster" is the better album, but i still reckon "Century Child" is pretty cool. For me "Slaying The Dreamer" is the quintessential Nightwish song thus far, so that song alone boosts the value of this latest release. Covering "Phantom Of The Opera" was a questionable choice, but at least it sounds better done by Nightwish don't you think?..lol.

When it comes to Nightwish, they're almost a genre to themselves, gotta love 'em, but not all the time eh? I can understand your point, but i still like 'em, i could never refer to them as "absolutely awful"....i've been lucky this year i guess, no major disappointments....YET!!....hahaa..i might be back to this thread before the year is over.
:cool:

to be honist i really wasnt dissapointed in any albums this year... as iv long sence given up on "popular" music, only band i still listen to thats even remotly popular is tool... and they dont dissapoint.. other then that i was supprized at all the great albums coming out from Nile , Theory In Practice and other relativly unknown bands to the masses...

looking forward to the new testament :)

-Necro

if it was released this year, or late last year......but Judas Priest - Demolition, was a complete turd.

God, that sucks......I had high hopes for Priest.
I should just accept the fact that nothing will ever top Painkiller.

Soilwork - from very good ATG ripp off to poor pop boys band (i don't know why they didn't called their last album this...)

OK, so it was last year, therefore not technically qualifying for this forum, BUT, it NEEDS TO BE SAID, the Iced Earth album "Horror Show" is, at best, a lame effort to cash in on the brilliance of their preceding work! Working a tired old "Horror" concept is cute, but HEY!...you there?....wake up!...there's no free rides amongst people with taste...deliver something GOOD eh guys..PLEASE!

Even though I don't HATE the album and think there are quite a few good songs on it, I would have to say In Flames-Reroute To Remain. I may even list this as my Fifth or Sixth favorite of the year but I wanted to be BLOWN AWAY and disappointingly I am not....I actually could care less however since my favorite band on the planet(OPETH!!!!!!) has a new release coming out November 12th. I couldn't wait until then and downloaded it already! I can comfortably say this is EASILY my favorite album of the year! As usual Opeth did not disappoint, and In Flames did slightly so I would have to say them. By the way I will be buying the Opeth album the day it comes out, I don't download albums and not buy the original(unless it sucks!) I just did in this case so I could listen to it before November!