Most dissapointing cd of 2002

2002 has been the best year for metal since 1999. I'm satisfied to amazed by most of the 02 CDs I've bought this year. The most disappointing one, I'd say, is Blind Guardian - A Night at the Opera. I liked And Then There Was Silence a lot, so I thought the rest of the album would be good, but I was wrong. Easily the most disappointing album of the year. Worst album of the year would definitely have to be the new In Flames. Pure garbage.

And about Iced Earth, the haven't released a good album since Burnt Offerings.

Cannibal Corpse - Gore Obsessed
They are probably my favorite band, but they just seem to be losing touch with the music...

really? you think there just now losing touch with the music?

i thought they lost it after the bleeding... vile was rather sloppy... and i think gallery of sucide was all together boring and not even a cannibal corpse style album...

but i suppose this is to be expected as almost half of the band is gone... and there' now 4 members in the band as there was 5 (cant count corpsegrinder as a member if he doesnt write anything or contribute creativly at all to the albums... hes just like a permentnt stand in vocalist.)

but anyway, i think gore Obsessed is the beginning of hope to one of my favorite abands... aside from some truly bad lyrics on the album i think most of the songs are musicly fit to be called cannibal corpse... granted this album is no butchered at birth or the bleeding... but then... i think it deffinatly is a step above the disasters vile and gallery were...

-Necro

Yip, I think Gore Obsessed is a beacon of light. They've kinda got a huge back catalogue though, so you can't expect them to create an absolute masterpeice with every album, considering the limitations of the style they play.......

Worst album this year? R2R obviously. In close second Susperia's Vindication.

i agree R2R is the worst album i heard...

though i cant list it as dissapointing to me... cus iv been bored with inflames for some time now.

but even i have to admit i didnt expect them to put out something *Quite* This Bad!

-Necro

Bad albums this year (either Im dissapointed in the direction the band went, or i just think its a bad cd):
In flames- Reroute to Remain Worse than there last release CLayman.. whihc wasnt THAT bad.. But nothing Tops Whoracle
Soilwork- Natural born chaos- I actually kind of like this cd, but its definatly not soilwork.. what happened to all the thrash melodies and speedy harmonies?
Darkane- Expanding senses- Same thing here... Darkanes insanity and rusted angel are great! they totally slowed down, and heavied out on this album.. this seems to be a trend..
Arch enemy- WoS- dont get me wrong.. this album rocks.. and Angela is by far in the top death metal singers.. but what the hell? this is no Arch enemy album.. sounds a lot different..
Advantasia- Metal opera 2 -wtf? this is awfull and cheesy as hell.. the first one was Amazing! all I can say is WHY?
Except for a few releases .. 2002 has been a great year for underground metal!! I only hope it gets better!

I think Natural Born Chaos was a dissapointment because A Predator's Portrait was much better. I haven't even heard their first two albums.
I also don't like Immortal-Sons of Northern Darkness and Limbonic Art-Ultimate Death Worship.

Originally posted by Inexorable Demise
Cannibal Corpse - Gore Obsessed

They are probably my favorite band, but they just seem to be losing touch with the music...

?!?!?....WHAT?!....lol well your opinion but i would say i have to disagree....in my opinion corpse get stronger with every album they come up with.

i havent been dissapointed this year!

I can't really think of any albums that I didn't like, but most dissapointing would have to be...

In Flames - 'Reroute to Remain'

But than again, I wasn't even expecting it to be good...

Originally posted by Eldzik
Soilwork - from very good ATG ripp off to poor pop boys band (i don't know why they didn't called their last album this...)
Ah come on!!! How can you say this and praise the new In Flames album at the same time, if there's one album eligible for that title, it's R2R!!

NBC rules and crushes R2R tenfold!! I mean, at least Strid's clean vocals are good, Friden's just moaning and sighing, at least Strid can sing.