Most dissapointing cd of 2002

Originally posted by manuelgv
I go with Hypocrisy.
that album is bad
also
Meshuggah's Nothing
that album sucks

I completely disagree that Catch 22 is a bad album, i love it, Destroyed and Uncontrolled are awesome songs!!!!!!!!!!

The In Flames album is a little disapointing, well I didn't expect a marvelous piece from them, they are getting softer in each album, but however I like some songs from Reroute to Remain so it is not too bad.

darkane - expanding senses
vintersorg - visions from a spiral generator
pain of salvation - remedy lane
opeth - deliverance (haven't heard it yet but my friend said it sucked big time)

Originally posted by revenge drama
darkane - expanding senses
You really should give it a chance and listen to it more often. I too didn't like it at all at first, I didn't play it for like 3 weeks, then I decided to put it on again and thought, hey, this really ain't bad at all, in fact... it's excellent! Especially "Submission" is a great track!

Trust me, give it a chance.

yes, indeed. Darkane rocks! i hate this album after spin, but i love after ten spins :D

Yeah, i too am sick n tired of hearing how "disappointing" the latest Darkane album is. Shit you guys, what DO you expect? Another "Rusted Angel"? (aint gonna happen). Fact is (like MadTinus & Eldzik say) you need to listen to it a little more.

It mightn't be their BEST album, but who said every album a band produces has to be better than the previous? It's essentially still VERY much Darkane, and it kixass! Darkane ROCK, well, let me qualify that by saying that if you like having a freight train driven thru one ear and out the other, they ROCK!

Amen.

Not to jump on the bandwagon, but after listening to the new In Flames album "Reroute To Remain" I would have to nominate it for biggest disappointment this year. If they had made another "Clayman" I would have been satisfied, as that album had some great stuff on it. Alas, it looks as though In Flames has lost its touch and will be fondly remembered even after putting all of us through the crap that is their latest album. If you want to great album instead, go get Dark Tranquility's "Damage Done" as it is easily one of their best albums so far.

Blind Guardian 'Night At The Opera': over-arranged, over-played, over-dubbed, under-written, incoherent expensive toss.

Dio 'Killing The Dragon': dreary, average, plodding muzak for easily-pleased fanboys only.

Geoff Tate 'Geoff Tate': hilarious, twee, irrelevant electro-AOR yuppie-dadpop.

`Absolutely awful` is probably going a bit to far about Century Child.Oceanborn and Wishmaster are better albums overall but CC still makes my top 10 CD's this year.

My first impression was that CC was brilliant.It was the first Nightwish album I heard and it inspired me to order the rest of the catalogue almost immediately.

Then when the other albums arrived,as a box set from the official site,my opinion of CC dropped slightly.I still view `Bless the Child`,`Slaying the Dreamer`,`Forever Yours` and `Beauty of the Beast` as exceptional tracks.The others are alright,very listenable, just not as good as typical Nightwish.

I have yet to buy an album that has been a major disapointment that was released this year.I did find Hecate Enthroned's `Miasma` a massive letdown.But this was about 2000 if I remember correctly

My disappointment this year is:
AGOLLOCH - Mantle

This CD receives raves from all reviews I have seen, this is more like a Brian Eno album, very long and drawn out with very little happening in languid soundscapes. You keep waiting for the pay-off which never appears.

I think their previous CD "pale folklore" is much better, although not great.

Many mention that In Flames R2R is disappointment, I agree while not their best still a dam good CD. They have established very high level from excellent previous albums.

Opeth's Deliverance is most definitely their best album since My Arms your Hearse, and even if it dissapoint some people (how I dont know why) Its impossible to be the worst metal album of the year, For my worst?

The New Hammerfall & Manowar, Anyone that doesnt secretly stomp around their room greased up in a loincloth swinging a plastic conan sword can admit that shit...

Note: The New Inflames, its official, they suck, get over it, Dark tranquillity, Dissection & Eucharist we're always better anway...

And by fucking GOD, Powermetal got a gem in Firewind this year!... too bad the new Nightwish was nowhere near Wishmaster... Blind Guardian heaved forth their worst album this year too... shame, everything else they have is awesome...

can I get a fuck yeah for the new Amon Amarth, Bloodbath, Immolation , Nile, Hate Eternal, Vehemence, Vader & Behemoth albums though? what a fucking year for Death Metal.

Not so great for Black Metal though besides the new Immortal (and thats debatable)... Ragnarok, and fucking LUNARIS

Vintersorg's VFTSG is different sure, but the musicianship is awesome, the synth sound annoys me, but the whole fucking album has great music, I just hope on the new CD Mr. V fixes the damn synth.... wish I could just have another Folk Metal cd instead of Astral-Folk-Prog....