Most emotional Opeth moment

How about the very start of Morningrise (Advent)... that intro is such a good build up for the entire record.
Gives me the shivers too!

the part that always gets me :

"Am I like them?
those who mourn and turn away
those who would give anything
to see you again if only for another second"

I fully agree with this part of the song "The Night and the Silent Water," both the acoustic guitar rhythm at this point and the lryics make it extremely haunting and memorable.

Demon of the Fall: "Just one second..." the lyrical segue into solo, into acoustic solo. Outstanding.

Also the last minute of Advent has come to seriously haunt me; it's the drumming that builds and reaches its crescendo with each (i believe) fourth beat, hitting the bass drum or whatever. :D Very good, whatever it is.

Most emotional......tough one :)

Dirge For November - "Time....is......now"
When - "The gilded faces grin....aware of my final...demise"
The Drapery Falls - "Guide me into aaahhhhh"
Credence - "I confess my hope...."
The Leper Affinity - "Lost are days of spring....."

Well, mine is more of a literal moment: I flew to Milwaukee for the Metalfest last summer to see one band only. I think you know which one. :) After standing (and standing...and standing...) to ensure a good view, Opeth finally came on. Not only that, but they opened with my favorite song at that time, Moonlapse Vertigo. I'm completely spoiled now that I've seen them three times, but that first moment was absolutely surreal. I just wanted to cry. Up until that moment, Opeth were these angels that created the most amazing music I'd ever heard. No, they couldn't possibly be human, could they??? But there they were, right in front of me. Oh man, I definitely had tears in my eyes. What a great moment.

Man.. with every new Opeth album comes a new turn inside me. I'm way into any type of Metal, heavy or melodic that strikes "that nerve" in me & makes me FEEL... or think. Opeth has all the heavy and melodic aspects covered. Whenever Mikael doubles his clean vocals, like in the middle of Serenity Painted Death, or when they go from something really melodic to intense and screaming.. the end of Demon of the Fall - it all gives me chills. Anyway...can't wait for the new albums. I've heard a couple of the melodic tracks. Absolutely beautiful.

The part in The Moor where Mikael sings:

"Pale touch, writhing in the embers
Damp mud burning in my eyes
All the faces turned away
And all would sneer at my demise"

Gets to me every time.

As does the end of "When," the entire "Night and Silent Water" song, and "Black Rose Immortal."

I'm also very moved every time I hear the "souls of those for whom we cry" part of "Still Day Beneath the Sun." That song actually brought me to tears the first time I heard it.

I ... CAN'T ... DECIDE ... ! :confused:

I've been reading these posts and every suggestion has made me feel like that's the one. I mean, all Opeth songs are filled with emotion and sometimes one song fits in the mood, sometimes the other. It's really just a matter of timing what moment I'd put in the top of my list.

Right now on this second I feel like the part on Godhead's Lament which goes like "What would they care if I did stay..." would be the most emotional one. So, let that be my choice. :)

the part about nine minutes into "to bid you farewell"... the riff starts, goes four times with distortion, then mikael sighs and the same riff is played clean... in that moment i almost cry... :cry:

Godhead's - "Searching my way to perplexion..."
When - The end with all of the whens....
When - "To find my way back hooooome."
BRI - "Do not turn your face towards me..."
The Night And The Silent Water - The whole song

"I'm also very moved every time I hear the "souls of those for whom we cry" part of "Still Day Beneath the Sun." That song actually brought me to tears the first time I heard it."

When I first heard this song, I got the chills. It's like his clean voice is sweeter every album...and his aggressive is more evil. Mikael rules.

I think my #1 most emotional Opeth moment has to be in BRI when he sings 'And your voice is vast and achromatic.... but still so precious'... when he whispers that last line it almost always brings me to tears/gives me chills.

#2 Would be the end of When.... I think most people know what I'm talking about.

Another would be the 'no one would know... ohhh oooohh' from Godhead's lament.

One I can't miss is definately the verse from my signature.

One song part that totally freaks me out every time I listen to it has to be the 'ahhh ahhh ahhh' part of White Cluster where Mikael sings along to the music... it just hits such a crescendo... I can totally imagine myself going crazy moshing when they play that live... :)

And also the 18 second growl section near the end of BRI... whenever I just hear those guitars come out of nowhere and Mikael's voice tearing shit up, it gives me chills.

The end of Dirge for November... I was hooked on that when I first got into BWP.

I also really like the hollow atmosphere of the start of Eternal Soul Torture... then \m/ when it goes into the distorted riff.

3:48 into In Mist She Was Standing, when that little acoustic interlude comes in... I learned to play that almost instantly after hearing it.

There are so many more that don't come to mind right now... but ALL OPETH MOMENTS ARE GREAT!!!

The night and silent water-
Am ý like them
Those who mourn and turn away

When-.. . Once inside....
Godhead's lament- No one should know oooh oooh...
Black rose immortal-.... forest unknown,secret orchard..
Forest of october-... memories that now...
Credence- recognize my loneliness
karma-you have nothing more to find...

And also I can cry all Opeth moments.

Stondis top 3 (for today anyway, there are so many good 'uns...):

The very beginning of Dirge for November.
When: the "and I cried..." bit.
"Why can't you see that I try when every tear I shed is for you?" from TBYF