Most emotional Opeth moment

The song that always gets me is in To Bid You Farewell, about 2 mins into it? where the acoustic is going, and when the second guitar comes in with the solo. That is sooooooo awesome.

Also, in The Drapery Falls, 7:30 or so - Spiralling to the ground below.... That whole section gets me aswell.

\m/

Students should be forced to listen to Opeth in grade school. They should pipe it into malls and elevators. Show people what life outside the lines can be like, I suppose. Hah, fat chance.

funny you should mention that, i always thought it would be a marvelous idea to use the lyrics in english class. and of course the students would HAVE to listen to it again and again :)

as for a most emotional moment.. i think i agree with what samoniac said, there are so many that fit different moods and so on. the music is all in all so beautiful to experience. mmm i feel like listening to opeth now..

"There is no forgiveness in these eyes
For any of you but one
Dispel the mist for now
Melinda is the reason why I´ve come"

AHHHHHHHHH, this part is impossible not to sing along and dance around the room!!!! Then that ooh-ooh-ooh!!

BTW my least favorite Opeth song is Karma....

"Dirge for november"!! I also mentioned this in the "best Opeth riff" or something. When the distorted guitars come in they play a pretty simple riff and after that riff comes another riff with a lead guitar riff on top and that's the riff I'm thinking of!! One of the best metal riffs I've EVER heard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship:

Thought I was the only one to love the Godhead lament part with "...what would they care if I did stay noone should noo-ooo" Been playing this part over and over and I still love it :)

Skogsbunden said :-

Thought I was the only one to love the Godhead lament part with "...what would they care if I did stay noone should noo-ooo" Been playing this part over and over and I still love it

No way...Godheads Lament was my faviroute SL song for a long time when the album first came out.

I love the clean passages in this track. Mikaels voice sounds so meek and fragile...

Eyes attach to your mute portrait
We spoke only through thoughts
Together we gazed, awaited
Hours brought thirst and the rising sun

Sunbirds leave their dark recesses
Shadows gild the archways

Do not turn your face towards me
Confronting me with my loneliness
You are in a forest unknown
The secret orchard
And your voice is vast and achromatic
But still so precious

Lullaby of the crescent moon took you
Mesmerized, its kaleidoscopic face
Granted you a hollow stare
Another soul within the divine herd

I have kept it
The amaranth symbol
Hidden inside the golden shrine
Until we rejoice in the meadow
Of the end
When we both walk the shadows
It will set ablaze and vanish
Black rose immortal

p.s. anyone ever payed attention to the melody during the part "i have kept it..." that melody the guitar plays puts me on the verge of tears.

I had to put Morningrise on after reading this thread.

I'm sure I could list again the various parts that affect me emotionally, but I think it'd be far too long of a list.

I will say this: I used to have one of those pesky "lyric associations" with the "no one would know, oooh oh" part from Godhead's Lament. So that remains one of my favourites to this day.