most metal moment \m/

the_3_toed_sloth said:
The Twilight Is My Robe begins with air-guitaring heaven..
The rain was waving goodbyyyyyyyyyyeee (if you dont know which song, you suck) surprises me everytime by the power behind it..
Yes, that part is one of my favourite Opeth moments.
The rain was waving goodbye, and when the night came the forest folded its branches around me. Something passed by, and I went into a dream. She laughing and weeping at once: "take me away".

When he screams "Take me away", I get shivers from it.
It's amazing.

Man,there's so many, argh!
The start of April Ethereal is totaly brutal, as is the opeing of DOTF..amazingly evil sounding and smooth, plus the vox..and then the last minute or so with the clean vocals..so fucking emotional, MY GOD! :worship:
About 50 seconds into Moonlapse Vertigo, THAT RIFF!
The whole of Leper Affinity kicks arse, and then we have the last 4 minutes of Blackwater Park..maybe their most evil and brutal piece of music they've ever conceived :OMG:
That leaves us with Wreath..all of it, the last 2 mins of Deliverance...totaly headbanging stuff right there! :worship: :worship: :headbang:

The opening of Bleak and the riff off the 6.00 mark . :headbang:

5:50 onwards of The Drapery Falls. :hotjump:

Oh yea and Blackwater park after the long interlude is just fuckign murderous.

Opening and Ending of The Night and the Silent Water.

God there are so many..

The one that gives me chills (the musical orgasm of the song, if you will) every time I hear it is in The Drapery Falls, near the end when the intro riff comes back in. Peter plays that one ninth chord and Mike is all "eeeeeeeeeEEEEEEE" crescendoing (?) and then the martins come in with that fill and everything crashes together (i envision this part as the actual drapery falling...metaphorically). awesome.

I'll have to say that although almost every part of every Opeth song makes me want to headbang and play the air guitar, I would definitely choose the end riff of Deliverance.
I guess the reason it stands out is that it doesn't really sound quite like a traditional Opeth riff. The straightforward palm muted E's combined with the mesmerising rhythm just do the trick for me.