Most Important Bands of the Decades

I'll add some that people have sadly forgotten.

20s - King Oliver's Creole Jazz Band
30s - Robert Johnson (okay not a band but whatever)
40s - Dizzy Gillespie, and Bing Crosby
50s - Buddy Holly - duh.
60s - Frank Zappa -- without FZ... there probably is no Sgt. Peppers, and thus the Beatles would lack one of the most influential albums of all time. Also, since Creeps mentioned Alice Cooper in the 70s, without FZ... Alice Cooper wouldn't be there. Zappa created their whole stage theatric theme. And without FZ there is no Smoke on the Water. So where's the debate now? =D
70s - Queen --- how can you have the Beatles there and not the band that outsells them in their home country??? Nonetheless that they are so incredibly influential.
80s- Bruce Springsteen. I don't think that Michael Jackson was as influential as the Boss. Though I'd say that U2 has had almost as much influence.

nobody is suggesting KISS for the 70s? They made music a business and took things to a new level in terms of business.
QUOTE]

Damn straight! Love em or hate em ...you knew about them... the most easily recognizable faces in music...right up there with the Beatles and Stones. They redefined the term "Stage Show" Concerts were never the same after them. More bands copied from KISS than any band I know.

nobody is suggesting KISS for the 70s? They made music a business and took things to a new level in terms of business.
QUOTE]

Damn straight! Love em or hate em ...you knew about them... the most easily recognizable faces in music...right up there with the Beatles and Stones. They redefined the term "Stage Show" Concerts were never the same after them. More bands copied from KISS than any band I know.

They're on my list in orange.

70s - Led Zep, the RAMONES, Alice Cooper, Kiss, Sabbath, Aerosmith
Reason - without these, there would be no metal, punk or rock.

...add David Bowie to that list, I can't believe that I didn't mention him earlier.

There was a BUNCH of awesome metal that came out of the 80's before 1987, when bands "slowed it down."

Of course there was, unfortunately I don't remember those bands getting widespread acceptance or airplay.

60s - Beatles and Rolling Stones
70s - Zeppelin. I also want to say the Bee Gees b/c I can't think of any other disco bands
80s - Poison, Motley Crue
90s - Nirvana and Pearl Jam
00s - Nickelback (unfortunately), and people seem to be having a hard on for The White Stripes