Most insane tech band you can think of

Origin is one. Gorgasm is up there. A little bland and not the MOST technical but enough. Too many pinched harmonics in my opinion... Necrophagist. But that's too much for me too. I like an occasional power chord amidst the sweeping.

As much as I can't really stand any of the bands mentioned asides Gorguts, naaaah.

I don't think the stuff Gorguts does is nearly as hard to do as some of the other bands mentioned in the thread. I have a handfull of their tabs & I don't think it's all that crazy, at least from a guitarists standpoint.

It's crazy that so many bands are being mentioned, yet no one has yet to speak of Spiral Architecht... They're better than any band mention, that I've heard at least, only they don't have death grunts. Still technical as fuck.

I'm into the guitar driven shit. I hate most technical bands with a bunch of platered together riffs that don't make sense. I think Spastic Ink & Blotted Science are awesome, thanks to Ron Jarzombek. Once again though, no death grunts.

Anyone who likes tech death would probably like the band Skepticism.

... j/k

try Theory in Practice, they are pretty technical, sort of remind me of Meshuggah(sp?) in some of the riffs.

Spiral Architect are about as tech as they come.

Origin is pretty tech, but if you played Mary had a Little Lamb as that speed it would sound technical as well.

I haven't listened to all of these yet, but they were classified as technical or progressive extreme metal when I found then. Also, some of them only have one or two albums that qualify for that title.

Alarum
Amoral
Anata
Arsis
Beneath the Massacre
Black Omen
Blotted Science (instrumental)
Brain Drill
Carcariass
Cenotaph
Decapitated
Defeated Sanity
Demilich
Disillusion
Egoist
Electro Quarterstaff (instrumental)
Element
Elenium
Embryonic Devourment
Eventide
The Faceless
Fleshmould
Gory Blister
Hertz and Silence
Hybrid
Infernal Poetry
Interfector
Ion Dissonance
Irate Architect
Lykathea Aflame
Man Must Die
Nahemah
Necrophagist
Neurosis
Node
Origin
Pitbulls in the Nursery
Posthumous Blasphemer
Psycroptic
Quo Vadis
Ruin
Sammath Naur
Scent of Death
Sleep Terror (instrumental)
Spawn of Possession
Soulrest
Suffocate Bastard
Suffocation
Thales
Theory in Practice
Vastion
Visceral Bleeding

Yeah, the majority of their albums aren't even close, and I was still new to tech death when I heard them, but I thought Pierced From Within and Souls To Deny were borderline. I actually haven't listened to Suffocation at all since then, because I don't like them very much.

Brain Drill is definitely the most insanely technical dm band out there but not necessarily the best technical dm band out there.

Spiral Architect are pretty damn technical.

God I hate Pysopus or whatever the fuck their name is they are located right by me to so I never hear people shut up about them.

I don't think anyone has mentioned old Cryptopsy or Old Cephalic Carnage yet their worth checking out.

just listened to sleep terror for the first time last night, i was impressed.

if youre into faggotry/wankery myspace.com/btm have a new one up XD

BEHOLD...The arctopus. 'what the fuck' is all i can think when listening.o_O

Indricothere is AWESOME & maybe better than Behold. Well, I kinda like it better. It's the same Warr Guitarist from Behold. I've really been getting into them a lot lately.

Also, Pavor slay. Been listening to them quite a bit too.