Most moving/impressive solo

Thanks for all the help.

:eek: especially opacity. Pointing out times and stuff really helps.

Bringing this bitch back to life. What's some of the sweetest guitar shit you've heard recently?

I realize some of this stuff is older, but I don't always get around to listening to each song in depth on a CD.

Nightrage - Ethereal. If you don't cream yourself at that breakdown, God save your soul.
Amorphis - Stonewoman. The first riff is just so..danceable? I don't know. It's groovetastic.
Quo Vadis - Break The Cycle. His...thing he does with the guitar...woaaaah.
Malpractice - Assembly Line. Some tasty progressive guitar stuff going down on this whole cd.
Forefather - Wudugast. Just a fucking awesome riff to start off with.
Dungeon - The Legend of Huma. There's this sweet shit going down around 4:24 that I think you best get acquainted with.
Demonoid - Witchburners. DEAR LORD. I think he actually shaved my testicles sonically with this solo.

That's all I got for you right now. Throw some shit at me, ladies.

No one has mentioned the solo in Californication, which needs to be corrected -- really easy, but great melody. Also:

Hypocrisy -- Reversed Reflections (3:10ish)
Moonspell -- Everything Invaded (4:30ish)
Dire Straits -- Sultans Of The Swing (3:25ish)
Al Di Meola -- Midnight Tango (pretty much the whole thing)

God damn good question. Let's see.

In Flames - The Jester Script Transfigured: LOVE the accoustic passage and when the electric comes in it is a pleasure overload.

Symphony X - Of Sins and Shadows: The guitar synth duel is just orgasmic. Not to mention it's preceded by a sick opera styled vocal line.

Opeth - The Leper Affinity: Something about the mid-paced solo a few minutes in just totally grabs me.

Rhapsody - Land of Immortals: I don't know why this stands out to me but it just does. Great solo.

Children of Bodom - Hatebreeder: Maybe my favorite solo of all time

Dragonforce - My Spirit Will Go On: Blazing fast, totally memorable parts.\

Eternal Tears of Sorrow - Prophetian: The opening solo. Need I say more?

Those are some of my favs but RECENTLY it would have to go something like this:

Children of Bodom - Punch Me I Bleed: No matter how much you now hate Children of Bodom or whatever, this solo has some serious CHARACTER.

Equilibrium - Der Sturm: The solo near the middle of the song reminds me a lot of the Opeth - Leper Affinity solo a lot for some reason. Mid paced, uber melodic, excellent rythm.

Eternal Tears of Sorrow - Lost Tune of Thunder: Fits the song so perfectly, dual melodic guitars. O god.

Kalmah - To the Gallows: Excellent guitar work, rythm section at 3:30 along with the higher solo guitar is just fucking great.

Illnath - Behind the Mirrors: Illnath just have excellent melodic solos. This one is the most memorable for me.

Wintersun - Death and the Healing: Sounds like a godamn japanese samurai solo to me! Absolutely incredible. Anyone know which part of the solo I'm talking about?

Ah I can't think. So many left out. All so good. AAaAhhhh

The Don said:
Wintersun - Death and the Healing: Sounds like a godamn japanese samurai solo to me! Absolutely incredible. Anyone know which part of the solo I'm talking about?

Yeah. That's pretty killer.

Iron Maiden - Paschendale

That guitar fucking screams like it's being torn apart by lead. Especially the second part, after Bruce's masterful delivery of Blood is falling like a rain! etc.

Overkill - End of the Line (second solo)

I don't know what it is about this solo that gets me. It's very similar to a typical Maiden solo. Maybe it's the way it launches out of the slow, quiet part of the song.

Whiplash - Spiral of Violence

The guitar sounds quite a bit like a violin in this solo. It's kind of weird. I think the production has a bit to do with why it's great, but it's mostly the contrast of the chugging before and after with the melodic interlude under which the solo is done, along with that sad, crying violin-sounding guitar.

Hmmmm, thats an extremely tricky question. Their's many moving solo's/guitarwork for me...

In Flames - December Flower solo..

Hypocrisy have about a million parts, they're not technical or anything but they can make me feel pretty emotional. In the songs:-

Elastic Inverted Visions, Until the End, Paled Empty Sphere, Slippin' Away as just a few examples. I think the self-titled albums the most "emotional" of all the Hypocrisy albums.

The Don picked out some crackers earlier in the thread... EToS, Kalmah, Illnath, CoB, Equilibrium, Wintersun...

Wow...almost 4yrs ago I posted on this thread and its still around. I can then add to the list.
Opeth- The Apositle in Triumph
Wintersun..pretty much anything they do
Nevermore- Final Product
Carcass- Heartwork anything off this album is great!

The Don said:
^^ Quo Vadis? What do they sound like? Never heard of them...

Pretty technical death metal band, very melodic too. Their drummer is insane, but you would like them if you like Skyfire and other bands like that i would have thought. I'm probably going to get their DVD.
BTW listen to the solo in that link AlphaTemplar gave you, that's the one i'm talking about, it fucking slays!

Wintersun - Winter Madness, Battle Against Time, Death And The Healing
Wintersun is the best fucking band in the world! Jari is a genious.
I can't wait till the next album!

Dragonforce - Fury Of The Storm

Children Of Bodom - Kissing The Shadows, pretty much anything on Hatebreeder but especially the title track

Metallica - Fade To Black, The Four Horsemen

Angra - Pretty much any solo is remarkable!

Sonata Arctica - My Land

Symphony X - Pretty much any solo.

Kalmah - All of 'em but especially Dance Of The Water, Hades, The Blind Leader, Hollowheart, They Will Return, Withering Away, Heritance Of Berija,
Using The Word, Heroes To Us, Swamphell, To The Gallows and The Black Waltz.

Iron Maiden - Phantom Of The Opera, Prowler, Strange World, The Ides Of March, Killers, Children Of The Damned, Run To The Hills, Flight Of Icarus,
The Trooper, Powerslave, Rime Of The Ancient Mariner, Aces High,
Stranger In A Strange Land, Alexander The Great, Fear Of The Dark,
Rainmaker, No More Lies, Dance Of Death
Can't wait till the new album comes out in September - "A Matter Of Life And Death"

Bruce Dickinson - Tears Of The Dragon, Taking The Queen, Man Of Sorrows,
Omega, Arc Of Space, Pretty much all on Chemical Wedding, Abduction,
Soul Intruders and A Tyranny Of Souls

There are many more, I just name that many at the moment...