Most under-appreciated instrument in metal

• Synthesizer/(Keyboard)

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • Jawharp

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Violin/(fiddle)

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
As far as metal music goes bass is definately underappreciated. Alot of fans dont even know which sound is the bass (although all would hear if it was removed from a song I believe) and to many bands only use it to support the roots of whatever the guitar player is doing. Sad really because good bass can really add alot to a band and to go about it without any bass is something most bands arent stupid enough to do. It usually sounds very flat without bass.

Definitely the bass, but the violin is probably one of the most underappreciated instruments ever. I would like to learn how to play the violin before I die.

the violin is probably one of the most underappreciated instruments ever.

WTF? Seriously, that's bullshit. It's the most popular classical instrument ever. In orchestra there is more violins than any other instrument. I bet you know the most famous violin maker and you know the best violin players in your country. Do you know this in any other classical instruments? Do you know it with flute? How can it be underappreciated when it's the most fucking appreciated one?

I bet you know the most famous violin maker and you know the best violin players in your country.

I actually don't.

How can it be underappreciated when it's the most fucking appreciated one?

In general, the instruments used in a symphony are underappreciated. I haven't been to the symphony here in town in ages. That's not because of my lack of desire, it's because I hate driving downtown.

I would venture to say the guitar and piano are the most overappreciated instruments ever (for good reason though)

Drums are under-appreciated imo. Everyone always says "oh how fast he can do blast beats" but I never really see people appreciating interesting cymbal work and shit. Drums absolutely make or break a lot of music, far, far more than bass.

Pipe organ.

I am being serious.

Good call.

I voted for synths for one main reason: They can make a pretty epic song into a masterpiece.

Drums are under-appreciated imo. Everyone always says "oh how fast he can do blast beats" but I never really see people appreciating interesting cymbal work and shit. Drums absolutely make or break a lot of music, far, far more than bass.

A-greed. This is why I can't stand a lot of metal drummers, no emotion.

Someone mentioned flute.

That instrument is so fun to play it's ridiculous. You get the bonus of someone picking your flute up and not even being able to make a noise as well.

BATHORY?!

thyrfing
~gR~

This is the only band that incorporates the jaw harp on metal archives: www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=120821

However, the following bands incorporate the jew harp. LOL
Boyanov Gimn
Fejd
Helfahrt
Kõu
Kramola
Mourning Rise
Nebelkrieger
Skald
Slartibartfass
Somber Serenity
Tulka
Varsam Daud
Volkolak
Æbsence

Kroda, Nokturnal Mortum and some other Slavic black metal bands.

Fair enough.