Most Underrated Band or Bands

Defleshed
Beyond The Embrace - starting to get exposure now, but Im kinda biased cuz they are from my hometown.
Arcane Sun
Cave In

Prob more but I cant think...

NP: Centinex - Towards Devestation

BloodStainedWalls said:
Beyond The Embrace - starting to get exposure now, but Im kinda biased cuz they are from my hometown.

Dude! I'm SOOOO glad to see someone say this! I literally was heading into this thread to mention this band...so you're from New Bedford, MA, eh? Cool. I was privileged enough to meet and get to hang with Shawn, Alex & Oscar at their show last month in NYC, and we'll be doing a lengthy, in-depth feature story on them for our new 'zine in the very near future. Two of the writers for our site had BTE in their Top 10 for 2002 as well. Click the banner below to check it out.

Beyond The Embrace = :headbang:

Ormir said:
You mean the band that has sold over 1 million copies of Draconian Times and is the most popular goth metal band, is underrated?

Most overrated was quite the hefty title, but yes, I still do think they are under-rated. Pertaining mostly to Believe In Nothing

To change my opinion, I'd probably say Candlemass

yeah Nightingale as well
But Samael have to be the most under-rated band ever
they kick ass big time and other bands have a bigger fanbase

BloodStainedWalls said:
Defleshed
Arcane Sun
Cave In

Prob more but I cant think...

NP: Centinex - Towards Devestation

I don't think it's a fact that they're underrated, they're just not well known. Every single review i've read of BTE has been a rave, and I agree. I bought it on the strength of it's reviews and at first I was sceptical (the clean vocals sounded dodgy at first) but i love it now. Not underrated, just underexposed.

markgugs said:
Dude! I'm SOOOO glad to see someone say this! I literally was heading into this thread to mention this band...so you're from New Bedford, MA, eh? Cool. I was privileged enough to meet and get to hang with Shawn, Alex & Oscar at their show last month in NYC, and we'll be doing a lengthy, in-depth feature story on them for our new 'zine in the very near future. Two of the writers for our site had BTE in their Top 10 for 2002 as well. Click the banner below to check it out.

Beyond The Embrace = :headbang:

Right on man! Ya, Im from New Beige, lol. Its good to see people make it from this piece of shit city. Sweet, I'll definitely check out that site.

SculptedCold, youre probably right. I agree. :devil:

Vesperian Sorrow

They are not necessarily under-rated, but are certainly not well-known. Excellent music, excellent live, they just get nowhere near the exposure they should.