motorhead

speed

Nov 19, 2001
Visit site
After listening to the new probot album, I had the urge to throw in Ace of Spades , Orgasmatron, and Overkill. Just good fun metal/punk/rock. These three guys were such an influence on metal, and few metal fans i know ever listen to them. If anyhting they are more famous for having a cool t shirt and the ugliest singer ever, than being a groudbreaking band that did much to inspire metal.

Motorhead rule. HUGE influence on many thrash/speed metal bands. That lead vocalist is one of the ugliest mofos I ever did see though. :lol:

That Probot album is pretty good, surprisingly. Dave Grohl did a good job of getting a lot of good peeps to contribute.

By the time of Orgasmatron, they were actually FOUR guys, not three. Motorhead are a classic band, they're not that big in America because Americans love poofy psers like Green Day and the Offspring, but Motorhead had major chart success in the UK back in the 80's. They'll be remembered as the tremendous band they were.

I have not heard many songs from them to be honest but that "Orgasmatron" song by them is great. I found out about it from Sepultura doing a cover of it.

The Probot album is far from good. It's the most generic crap I've heard spill out of a metal album since... well, since Mnemic's recent album. Shake Your Blood is definitely the best tune on it because of Lemmy's singing, but I prefer sticking with old Motorhead classics and leave the Probot garbage off my list.

yeah the new probot is nothing spectacular but is a decent listen- it captures the spirit of the early to mid 80's metal scene quite well.

yeah they turned into 4 for orgasmatron- and i have to say it provides for a much richer sound, that is definately more metal sounding than their earlier stuff. However i still love the rawer sound of the three man band.

I saw these guys by chance when I was in Disneyland... they were pretty good... and the place was not packed either which was nice

Im kinda of shocked they played Disneyland. Oh anyone ever hear the song 1916, its very touching especially coming from Lemmy.

Motorhead played disney land? That is strange. which actully makes me think of something i came up with weeks ago, what if black metal bands (ones that wear corpse paint and such) went to disneyland in their paint? Would that not be the most fucking hilarious thing in the world? my original vision was Dani Filth wandering around the park screeching about how he's going to kick mickey mouse's ass. Oh lord ADD is fun :hotjump:

Hah hah hah... I thought of Abbath, Demonaz and Horgh walking around in full costume, with spiked clubs near goofy's kitchen and clubbing them all to hell shreaking "Mighty RavenDARK!!!"
Too much... too much!

Yeah, that would be pretty damn funny. Or Manowar running around in their loin cloths, carying various armaments and laying seige to the mighty "Magic Kingdom"