Movies/series thread

Fargo is awesome, Lorne Malvo was a suprisingly great character. I generally enjoy Billy Bob Thorton's work but I had never seen him play that kind of badass before.

Still need to watch season 2
Do it, I really like it so far (although only 3 episodes in), it's sort of a prequel to S1.
Nobody else watches House of Cards here? :(
Of course I do! Only 2 episodes into S4, watching S2 of Fargo simultaneously, liking that more so far. But I read that HOC S4 only really gets going after episode 2, so let's see. We'll probably watch at least another episode tonight.

^ Fargo was hilarious, Martin Freeman is a genius. I actually read an article about Fargo, both the show and the movie, and how they both nail the passive aggression that is growing up in the Midwest. It's just something about the way people talk to you - they don't want to be mean because they're too polite, but they say things that are shitty just beneath the surface.

Also, did anyone see the Witch? (Or VVitch, nigga I dunno how it's stylized).

Of course I do! Only 2 episodes into S4, watching S2 of Fargo simultaneously, liking that more so far. But I read that HOC S4 only really gets going after episode 2, so let's see. We'll probably watch at least another episode tonight.

Oh yeah absolutely! Season 4 is a vast improvement over season 3, but it needs to get going. But I think the general consensus is that the latter half of season 4 is a lot better than the first half.

Kind of agree. Marvel movies got super boring and repetitive like 5 years ago. The rate they are pumping them out is just mind numbing, and superheroes in general are really over-saturated. I am probably missing the occasional gem because of it, but the way they are hyped makes them all seem the same so I don't know when one is actually different and worth checking out.

It's like Call of Duty. When Modern Warfare came out I was like "wow this is actually really cool", but then they released the same game 18 times in a row and ruined the franchise for me.

Reactions: PowerBlade
Exactly this. Every movie is the same and the cast sucks.

Iron Man is about some rich douche saving the world. Also fuck Down Syndrome Junior
Captain Murica is about some wuss saving the world + chick staring into oblivion for half of the movie to make the scenes "dramatic".
I dont even want to post about avengers and thor. Wake me up when some hero finally dies and bad guy prevails. Also fuck Scarlet Johanson and the guy that plays Thor and Loki, dont wanna even bother checking their names.

I was about to say that id rather stick to DC universe, but then I remembered this abomination batman vs superman that basically showed the whole movie already and Lex being played by some retard and Suicide Squad with another retarded cast (fuck Jared Leto) and worst Harley Quinn desing ive ever seen.

The only superhero movie im gonna see is the one where Katheryn Winnick got casted, because she;s fucking hot.

I still follow the X-men movies even though the last truly great one was X-Men 2, with the prequel series being a half-decent return to quality. I MIGHT check out Batman vs Superman since so far it has been a bit of a curiosity to me. I can't tell if it's going to be really retarded or if it's going to pull a Dark Knight/Heath Ledger on everyone and be a surprising gem. It will probably end up sitting in between and be completely mediocre, but I'm still a bit interested.

I have never seen her in anything else. I do know that in X-Men she definitely does not bring anything to the table that would indicate she is anything but an average actress, I barely remember her character. Mystique was actually more memorable when she was played by a model/actress with "lower" credentials. I do like the story arc of First Class though, some of it worked pretty well.