Movies

I just saw a piece of turd floating on the screen, it was called GI Joe: Rise of the Meh.
It's nice that Hollywood deems it their mission to destroy anything and everything I ever enjoyed as a kid.
I'm fairly sure they are planning to butcher Macross next.

Oh, please, no. They've ruined so many series, but please, not Macross :( . As far as I know the only Mecha series they want to turn into a Hollywood blockbuster is Evangelion. Even though Steven Spielberg is directing it, it'll probably suck.

So how bad was G.I. "meh"?

Inglourious Basterds

Very chatty and dare I say even boring at times although manages to build up tension through-out, definite signature Tarantino elements, a few funny moments, great leads by Christoph Waltz and Brad Pitt, some strange decisions in storytelling in a negative sense (cuts the potential effect of the twists and turns) - as a movie (and entertainment) it was way too long to be seen in a theatre and fails finding a balance between the storytelling elements and story. It’s still a “OK” film but could’ve been way better.

I have to second that opinion. In Bruges is actually a really good movie, even though Colin Farrel is in it. It's kind of dark, funny, strange.

Saw Inglorious not too long ago, it was pretty damn excellent...

Yes, Colin Farrel was brilliant! He can be a good actor if he wants to.

Inglorious Basterds hasn't arrived here yet, maybe in a couple of months :rolleyes: .

I saw "In Bruges" last Saturday, I really liked it, specially since I've been there. Still, the movie is quite good, and Colin Farrel, was, even though it's hard to believe, excellent! :kickass:

As did I (both the seeing and liking part). It's not just good despite Colin Farrel, it's even good partly because of him. And to think I thought his presence meant insta-suck.

As did I (both the seeing and liking part). It's not just good despite Colin Farrel, it's even good partly because of him. And to think I thought his presence meant insta-suck.

Hahaha yeah! His histrionic skills in this movie are brilliant. I just wanted to see it because it was In Bruges, but it turned out to be an excellent movie.

I liked The Hangover too, not as funny (different type of humour) but still pretty good.

I Sell The Dead
Horror comedy about 2 graverobbers with a bunch of Cthulhian feeling thrown
in the mix. If you like Shaun Of The Dead you will like this movie.
Me? I loved it.

Seppuku (Hitokiri in the USA version), a japanese chanbara from the 60's, starring the almighty Toshiro Mifune. Its an incredible movie about false pride, revenge and it leaves a moral. Really sweet.

(500) Days of Summer. The story is kind of overdone, but the technique is extremely original and the final result is unexpectedly awesome.