Movies

I just saw "L'Enfant" (or how in the hell it should be spelled), the Cannes 2005 winner. A very documentary-like and realistic film of the kind of people I work with (with the exception that they didn't use any drugs in the film). Not even nearly as good as Oldboy (Cannes 2004 winner) in any way, but still worth watching.

-Villain

Weve had to choose between L´Enfant and The Departed today. Weve chosen the latter one. Amazing film.

Borat - Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan
This movie is so fucking hilarious! Except maybe it is a bit heavy against jews... but nvm. At some points I really couldn't stop laughing and I'm still laughing today. After having seen the film I can understand why that movie is rated R in the great nation of U, S & A. Nevertheless in Germany the movie is allowed for children who are older than 12 ^^

High five!

PS: The funniest jokes were those about Uzbekistan I think. ;)

Borat - Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan
This movie is so fucking hilarious! Except maybe it is a bit heavy against jews... but nvm. At some points I really couldn't stop laughing and I'm still laughing today. After having seen the film I can understand why that movie is rated R in the great nation of U, S & A. Nevertheless in Germany the movie is allowed for children who are older than 12 ^^

High five!

Isnt it the one with Ali G?

Now that's one I'll have to see. If its one thing I can laugh at my country about, it's cultural ignorance.

I can't make myself go watch that even if my life depended on it :heh: I was looking at showtimes this weekend, but with all the crap in tehatres I decided to pass.

Sopranos' last season is out... guess what? IT'S FUCKING PART I, NOT THE WHOLE THING!!! :erk:

the departed is alright although it's always the same movie - good tormented cop, greedy corrupt cop, criminals with italian names. two good points: the dropkick murphys in the soundtrack (yay!) and the ending.

world trade center is nothing special. i was expecting something really really impressive, but it wasn't. united 93 was far more touching, eventhough the budget didn't even come near. i expected to cry a lot and didn't. not a lot of passion.

black dahlia is my favorite among recent films. de palma does well a single type of movie and this is is. hartnett is incredibly good, especially because he pulls off ellroy's rough character surprisingly well for someone who up to one year ago was just a pretty-boy actor. it's not a five star movie, but given the poverty of this season i'll make do.

the departed is alright although it's always the same movie - good tormented cop, greedy corrupt cop, criminals with italian names. two good points: the dropkick murphys in the soundtrack (yay!) and the ending.

So it was them. I thought what a great song, but I didnt know the band. So I was thinking, Irish, I remembered reading about Dropkick Murphys, so I thought it mustve been them. I must get some of their stuff. The ending is great, too. I dont know, Im not a really demanding film viewer, so my judgement isnt probably worth much, but I like the fact that Scorcese is trying to work on basically one theme from different perspectives. It wasnt as good as, lets say L.A. Confidential, but good enough for me to make me think, and leave me a bit speechless. The catharsis was there for me.

@marduk: get their latest album 'the warrior's code', it's really good. also, 'do or die' is spiffy. i'm not a big fan of 'the gang's all here', but objectively it can't be labeled anything but a good record.

High five!

Just saw it tonight. I agree with you. This film issssssssss hilarious ! The jokes are so funny, I can't stop laughing ! Go and see this, but it takes a big sens of humor, joke are sometime hard to take hehehe! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: OMG...
This guy is crazy

hey no information on the naked fight! that's the surprise part of the movie! don't talk about it with people who haven't seen the movie yet! ^^

Is NIIIIIIIIICE! High five! :D

Yeah, he fights his producer over him masturbating to the image or whatever of Pamela Anderson, anyway - not that exciting :)

Yeah, he fights his producer over him masturbating to the image or whatever of Pamela Anderson, anyway - not that exciting :)
Gawd, don't ruin it! :mad:

Anyhow, awesome movie. Oscar winning performances!

i loathe sasha baron cohen. stuck-up radical-chic intellectual. as if we needed more of that.

i loathe sasha baron cohen. stuck-up radical-chic intellectual. as if we needed more of that.

I don't care, but I might be ending up seeing Borat after all the fuss... I mean - it's kinda overwhelming, fuck MySpace shitheads, of course, but Rolling Stone giving THAT 4 stars (like a "classic" status)... well, that really makes me wonder about if the movie is really something after all.