Movies

I liked District 9. It's one of those stories that may be about aliens but says more of human nature than anything. In that sense, it reminds me of Starship Troopers, which I always thought was underrated. It was easily dismissed as being a typical, superficial, action/sci-fi, special-effects, hollywood flick by a lot of people who didn't notice the subtle but deep satire on absurdities of human politics and mentality.

In Inglorious Basterds I mostly enjoyed the entertaining and well-played dialogue that's common in Tarantino movies.

I saw Moon yesterday, I don't know what the big deal was.
I think I'll watch some old anime tomorrow with a buddy of mine.
Akira, GitS, Patlabor.

All 3 Patlabors and all 3 GitS movies (tho Solid State Society is part of Stand Alone Complex).
I love Patlabor 2, when that snow starts to fall and you have that mood shot, that thing is
awesome. And GitS has a similar shot too.

All 3 Patlabors and all 3 GitS movies (tho Solid State Society is part of Stand Alone Complex).
I love Patlabor 2, when that snow starts to fall and you have that mood shot, that thing is
awesome. And GitS have a similar shot too.

Ahh I don't remember that scene, I was 8 or something when that movie came out :p . I do love WXIII, incredible animation and plot.

And GITS, well I am a hardore Shirow fan :lol: .

I always considered the first Patlabor movie the best part of the franchise (I'm actually watching the TV-series these days) and the second GitS movie (Innocence) as the best part of that franchise (Stand Alone Complex is great, but I would've preferred a full third season over "just" Solid State Society).

On non-anime front, I recently watched Gomorra and was truly awed by it. It's not only the best Italian movie, but also the best organized crime related movie I've ever seen. Not just because of the tremendous amounts of subtly (and sometimes not so subtly) made social commentary, but because of the expert cinematography and craftily portrayed characters. A brilliant movie, well worth the praise it has received.

-Villain

I always considered the first Patlabor movie the best part of the franchise (I'm actually watching the TV-series these days) and the second GitS movie (Innocence) as the best part of that franchise (Stand Alone Complex is great, but I would've preferred a full third season over "just" Solid State Society).

On non-anime front, I recently watched Gomorra and was truly awed by it. It's not only the best Italian movie, but also the best organized crime related movie I've ever seen. Not just because of the tremendous amounts of subtly (and sometimes not so subtly) made social commentary, but because of the expert cinematography and craftily portrayed characters. A brilliant movie, well worth the praise it has received.

-Villain

Yea, Innocence is excellent, definitely the best GITS movie out there. I love that there's really no emphasis on Kusanagi, and then at the end: "Major!!!" I was so shocked, and loved every moment of it.

Yes, I would prefer it if real life was in 2D. My brain just isn't able to work with all that information raining down on it.

I think it was mainly two things that made the experience a bit weird which are that I had a horrible seat in the front right corner which caused the perspective to be slightly off and the projector was not the best so the reduced quality caused by the two pictures of 3D (the glasses worked with polarisation) could really be seen, so all in all it all looked overall always a bit weird. Maybe I should go to an IMAX to get a better experience.

Yes, I would prefer it if real life was in 2D. My brain just isn't able to work with all that information raining down on it.

That's because you are an idiot.

I think it was mainly two things that made the experience a bit weird which are that I had a horrible seat in the front right corner which caused the perspective to be slightly off and the projector was not the best so the reduced quality caused by the two pictures of 3D (the glasses worked with polarisation) could really be seen, so all in all it all looked overall always a bit weird. Maybe I should go to an IMAX to get a better experience.

Not the best place in the theater even for regular movies =/ Get to see it in IMAX 3D - that should be mind blowing. I'm going as soon as I can (haven't seen it even in regular 3D yet), but it's not going to be even next week (did you see those lines to IMAX in China???)

People are going crazy all over the world, total box office is already a billion $, which is second after Titanic. And that bitch even not going to slow down :D

Somehow, I missed the gem that is "The Room" for the last seven years. This is a clip to a review, but it conveys the glory of the movie pretty well. The first two and a half minutes are just jokes by the reviewer, but after that it's about the awesomeness of the film.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocFumueZq0Y&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Have you seen Food Inc.? If you haven't, you definitely should! It's about the corrupt, polluting food industry of the US.

I saw Inception yesterday! It's an excellent movie, definitely not your average Hollywood rubbish. It actually makes you think, and proposes some interesting philosophical questions. I love how they talk about the dreams within dreams topic, something which has happened to me and personally hate (har har).
But wow, so many layers of dreams! It's wondrous to see how they "jump" through the dream layers. [SPOILER ENDS.]

Will watch again!

So last nite I watched Män Som Hatar Kvinnor or The Girl
With The Dragon Tattoo
for those ignoramuses of you that don't
speak swedish... oh, wait, I don't speak...
Anyway, I was surprised how good the movie was. Gonna see the
follow up tonite.

Now of course Hollywood is going to be doing a remake of this movie,
I urge you all to not go see it, it's going to fucking suck. See the
original with subtitles.